Show Your Arguments Chapter 47

rockgod88

2 hours ago, DiggerFan said:

It's been a while since I showed anything from this project, but I've been thinking about possibly adding a second version of the St. Louis 1999 freestyle, with the crushable cars I've been working on.

Sweet. You said before that the cars don't work online, correct?

1 hour ago, Jon Cannon said:

Sweet. You said before that the cars don't work online, correct?

Unfortunately, yes, they'll only be able to be used offline. They're placed on the track as .load files, which (as I've heard) won't spawn when playing online.

1 hour ago, Mark Colineri said:

I think the base blue on the truck is a bit too dark.

1 hour ago, steiale said:

You might have found a bad picture, but Mark is right. The blue is much brighter, almost the same shade of blue as the cars and tarps. 

36 minutes ago, Edy said:

As well, i think, the ligthing are too white, the should have a little blue on them, also the reflection is on the blue and on chrome

n3cUu97.jpg

idk if you're going off the front end of this pic, but if you look in the bottom circle, its a hella deep blue.

x4F0uQQ.jpg

i got this pic from straight from Tyler (pre-vegas or any current arenas)

YF7fFQq.pnge9EqFpz.png

not sure if sky type had anything to do with it, regular sky shows the same deep blue as the pic Alex provided me with. Also, idk if there is a way to counter my claim, but i dont think i can get the exact same metallic affect as the real thing. so the lighter shade blue SHINE png doesnt cover as much of the darker contrast of blue when it comes into contact with shine. Also, if i try to make the spec lighter to increase the reflectivenessnessness, it changes the whole body color into a teal type color. I think DiggerFan may have done it with his VG, but not too sure.

I do agree with Edy on the letters being more reflective, but about more blue on the lightning, when you use the truck in game, you see a lot more blue than white, but ill revise it just in case.

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2016 at 9:41 PM, fernBurn said:

Hopefully at this point, just a couple things to touch up. Cab lexan being the first.

Also, i am trying to get that "reflective" look on the lexan. I see that you have to do it through ManagedMaterials, but whenever i do it, it shows up just like it would if you made it transparent through the material file.

Am i doing something wrong?

That looks real flashy man! Like it a lot!!!

Edited by Jon Cannon
Don't quote images.

The picture of the truck pre-Vegas is on a cloudy day with what looks like no sunlight shining through, so of course it will look dark. Inside any of the arenas where the lighting is fairly normal, the shade of blue lightens up due to it's metallic properties. I think the hue of the blue needs to be changed just slightly to lighten it up.