Show Your Arguments Chapter 47

rockgod88

When I made the driver & seat, I recall it being more proportionally correct than this (with the frames we use & when compared to the old driver model), but it does seem rather small in this photo. At the same time, the roll cage seems unusually tall. Which truck is this?

1 hour ago, Helen Weales said:

When I made the driver & seat, I recall it being more proportionally correct than this (with the frames we use & when compared to the old driver model), but it does seem rather small in this photo. At the same time, the roll cage seems unusually tall. Which truck is this?

That's Kevin King's Strait Jacket, though it's currently running as Fluffy because of a sponsorship deal with comedian Gabriel Iglesias; here's some pics for ya too.
1517728_803858846334298_6148825871517463
535325_971591699561011_46925369061721013

8 hours ago, Helen Weales said:

I've already had to work on it, the chassis has a very large roll cage, and the seat mounts have been modified by me, I had to scale up the character model to make it fit the cage.

It could be the angle of the photos I've seen of Fluffy, but it appears as if the midsection of your frame (shock mount to shock mount) is too tall which might be why the driver's head is not closer to the top of the roll cage. On the actual truck, the bottom section seems to be much taller than the midsection. It's hard to be sure without a better side shot than below, but you could take a screen shot of your chassis from the same angle and do a transparent overlay in Photoshop.

1485106_610621052324746_1705926290_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Helen Weales said:

It could be the angle of the photos I've seen of Fluffy, but it appears as if the midsection of your frame (shock mount to shock mount) is too tall which might be why the driver's head is not closer to the top of the roll cage. On the actual truck, the bottom section seems to be much taller than the midsection. It's hard to be sure without a better side shot than below, but you could take a screen shot of your chassis from the same angle and do a transparent overlay in Photoshop.

*insert Chassis Pic*

I dont want to cast blame down, but Kozakistan made the chassis, I'm no expert on them, I just kinda work with what I got

Na I know my stuff is not 100% accurate. When you base all of your work off of less then perfect photos with zero factual measurements, making things by eye does have it's flaws.. And while I do not doubt the driver model is sized incorrectly, what is the height that it is supposed to reflect? (for curiosity sake)

Sorry, I was not implying the quality of the work isn't good (it is), and the driver could be too small; but judging solely by the image of the actual truck from an angle, I think the bottom portion is larger than the midsection. This is what it would look like with the midsection height shortened:

fJ4JNGR.jpg

I could be entirely wrong, just an observation. I wonder if the team could provide you with a side shot of the frame if you messaged them on Facebook page or something?

Over the years I have found that teams are less then open about providing stuff like that (I ran into massive backlash years back with Western Renegade). Your observation is not unfounded or incorrect, like I said I know that a majority of my work is not 100% accurate (the only chassis I can say for sure is the CRD's as I have the original CAD drawings that I was given) I will look into it tomorrow or the next and see exactly how much off it is. Apologizes if the driver model comment came across as snarky, I do not use other models or props when I make my stuff as previous content was never accurately scaled (engines, bodies, etc).

8 hours ago, Outlawed said:

Over the years I have found that teams are less then open about providing stuff like that (I ran into massive backlash years back with Western Renegade). 

Ironic coming from a team that should've gotten some phone calls from Mr. Jim Creten and Company for a certain design.

• Upvote 1

The way you bake your chassis needs a bit of a rework. You can see solid black at each place 2 or more bars meet. It makes the texture look quite bad actually. Honestly, there is no need to bake chassis anymore. Just create a very small solid color texture, and a nice spec and shine. It comes out looking better than baking, honestly.

I agree about chassis baking not being necessary -- out of all of the experiments I've done, baking has made little to no difference in-game. Plus, with a solid color you can literally use a 1x1 pixel image or share an image with another part of the truck (both of which saves on loading time and reduces lag).

12 hours ago, Outlawed said:

Over the years I have found that teams are less then open about providing stuff like that (I ran into massive backlash years back with Western Renegade). Your observation is not unfounded or incorrect, like I said I know that a majority of my work is not 100% accurate (the only chassis I can say for sure is the CRD's as I have the original CAD drawings that I was given) I will look into it tomorrow or the next and see exactly how much off it is. Apologizes if the driver model comment came across as snarky, I do not use other models or props when I make my stuff as previous content was never accurately scaled (engines, bodies, etc).

No need to apologize, I didn't think you were being snarky. When I get a chance, I will double check my driver models again to see if they are off. What I had intended to do was create models that were as accurate as possible in size, so  new frames could be built around them -- I think that is a good way to gauge chassis size when basing models solely on photos.

I definitely need to fix the male arms as they are too thin. At some point I want to make new drivers entirely which I might do when I step my electric trucks up to "stage 4" designs.