World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

2 hours ago, Outlawed said:

Chuck has no aspiration to compete in Vegas, he prefers doing the encore stunts.

yeah isnt he like stunt coordinator? he helps with like the stunts and stuff

1 hour ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

Literally I feel like all of you are out to get me. I can't put my opinion on here without someone attacking me. It's absolutely FREAKING RIDICULOUS that I can't post my opinions, but others can.  I'm posting MY OPINIONS  and all of you are getting butthurt. I'm putting a disclaimer before my posts now because none of you can be mature enough to handle someone else's opinion. This is a website based around a COMPUTER GAME for sakes. Pretty sad a community of adults can't be mature enough to take an opinion seriously. Also, after your snide comment, no I don't want Vinson to win, I said he'll most likely win. Look back at the post and the season before you immaturely mock someone over some BS...

So we can not give OUR OPINIONS about your? Ok makes sense

Edited by DannyMackey
Don't double post, just edit the previous.

55 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

A person's maturity is not based upon their opinions... We are arguing over Monster Trucks. Are you kidding me? This thread isn't the place for this. Just let's move on and if you still have an issue with me message me. Sorry. Let's have a Truce.;)

yee

anyways! Hope the track this year is like WF 14 mixed in with WF 18 

48 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

@MoreMonsterJam Really? He's the stunt coordinator? I wouldn't be surprised if he was. That dude's a beast... I just kind of wish he could show his skill on the track in competition.

Same, he is one of those people that do not really care much about driving, he likes helping with the trucks and stuff

Edited by DannyMackey
Don't double post, just edit the previous

10 minutes ago, MoreMonsterJam said:

yee

anyways! Hope the track this year is like WF 14 mixed in with WF 18 

I think they'll do something like with 16 and put a double in there cause those are always fun. And they'll probably throw something in that's actually for a frontflip so Lee can land it again. If he does it again then i think Monster Jam is over cause WHAT ELSE CAN THEY THINK OF?! WHAT'S LEFT?! I CAN'T EVEN!!! IT'LL HAVE PEAKED AGAIN!!! The thought of him landing it again makes my brain explode in a way I can't understand.

I really liked World Finals 14 (my favorite track), and World Finals 18 was my second favorite. Hopefully. I want the fountain and that bus back, but also the sea containers with the big air on the back that Chris Bergeron thought was a crush through lol :lol:. Also, the sport itself won't ever gonna peak. In the late 90's everyone thought it peaked. Nope. Now frontflips and moonwalks and all kinds of stuff. They'll find something amazing. Also, I don't see a designated front flip ramp like the Metlife one bc they'd have to reset it every time it was used. Also, last year's forward momentum back flip wasn't planned. Neil told me. It was a front flip jump like at met life, but the pins fell out early and no one noticed (go look at the video the kickers are down.)  He hit it and started rotating. It was all skill bringing it back. What a legend... Notice the kickers are laying flat on the ramp and the rear end gave out when he landed sideways. I had to rave to him lol.

Here's what I think would make a great track for Freestyle this year:

1. A design similar to last year's; not too crowded, and with enough room for drivers to decide where they want to go after jumping instead of ramming into the ramp ahead of them upon landing.
  2. The Fountain Jump somewhere.
  3. Some obstacles that make a bit of a throwback (like the bus used last year).
  4. NO. STEEP. AS. HECK. RAMPS. ABSOLUTELY NOBODY WANTS RAMPS AS STEEP AS THE STEP UP RAMPS IN WORLD FINALS 16 OR 17.
  5. A middle jump about the size of World Finals 14's middle jump.

If the track is designed like that, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a good Freestyle competition again this year.

4 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Here's what I think would make a great track for Freestyle this year:

1. A design similar to last year's; not too crowded, and with enough room for drivers to decide where they want to go after jumping instead of ramming into the ramp ahead of them upon landing.
  2. The Fountain Jump somewhere.
  3. Some obstacles that make a bit of a throwback (like the bus used last year).
  4. NO. STEEP. AS. HECK. RAMPS. ABSOLUTELY NOBODY WANTS RAMPS AS STEEP AS THE STEP UP RAMPS IN WORLD FINALS 16 OR 17.
  5. A middle jump about the size of World Finals 14's middle jump.

If the track is designed like that, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a good Freestyle competition again this year.

That couldn’t have been more accurate. I 100% agree. That track would take the cake. Between the lineup and that track, This could be the best WF ever.

Just a reminder to everyone to keep posts related to this year's World Finals and other World Finals in general.  Also forums are for long post discussions, not quick replies like a chat room.  You can have more than one thought in a single post, and there is an edit button for a reason.  We are talking about monster trucks here aren't we?  How about we all just relaz a bit and enjoy a nice discussion?

Edited by DannyMackey
  • Upvote 3

Honestly, I just want this track to be a mix of all of the best elements previously. I really like the Fountain Jump, and a big air middle jump. What I want back is the sea container backflips with the big air backs. Also the outrageous obstacles, mixed in with some dirt jumps and car jumps. A mix of everything, but leave enough room for drivers to actually DRIVE. If the track is great, this will without a doubt be a decent farewell to Sam Boyd Stadium. Also, I think the DDS will go away next year and be replaced by the Skills Challenge. I wonder when we will get a 3D mock-up of the Track.:huh:

1 hour ago, DannyMackey said:

Just a reminder to everyone to keep posts related to this year's World Finals and other World Finals in general.  Also forums are for long post discussions, not quick replies like a chat room.  You can have more than one thought in a single post, and there is an edit button for a reason.  We are talking about monster trucks here aren't we?  How about we all just relaz a bit and enjoy a nice discussion?

A/S/L?

2 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

I really liked World Finals 14 (my favorite track), and World Finals 18 was my second favorite. Hopefully. I want the fountain and that bus back, but also the sea containers with the big air on the back that Chris Bergeron thought was a crush through lol :lol:. Also, the sport itself won't ever gonna peak. In the late 90's everyone thought it peaked. Nope. Now frontflips and moonwalks and all kinds of stuff. They'll find something amazing. Also, I don't see a designated front flip ramp like the Metlife one bc they'd have to reset it every time it was used. Also, last year's forward momentum back flip wasn't planned. Neil told me. It was a front flip jump like at met life, but the pins fell out early and no one noticed (go look at the video the kickers are down.)  He hit it and started rotating. It was all skill bringing it back. What a legend... Notice the kickers are laying flat on the ramp and the rear end gave out when he landed sideways. I had to rave to him lol.

I'm sorry but I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about. There is literally NO WAY that was designed to be a front flip. If it was, why aren't the dual coils in the back? Why are they only in the front? So the truck could bounce into a rotation. Talking out of your butt isn't cool lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Mark Colineri said:

I'm sorry but I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about. There is literally NO WAY that was designed to be a front flip. If it was, why aren't the dual coils in the back? Why are they only in the front? So the truck could bounce into a rotation. Talking out of your butt isn't cool lol.

Yeah the front-flip ramp requires open space and counterweights below it so that the rear wheels get kicked up, while the ramp used very clearly was filled in underneath and the top of it was set up to collapse kicking the front in the air. I also saw some pictures of it up close and it was very clearly intended to be a back-flip ramp.

It's the same basic concept as this Rhys Millen's back flip ramp from like a decade ago, just more compact.

Edited by NavySonicShell

I mean we do really know. We could all tell a day before it happened that that wasn’t a frontflip setup. There’s even a couple seconds of footage in the 2016(?) Monster Jam preview of Tom driving towards a ramp with a metal kicker on top. The frontflip ramp sits on flat ground. The truck underrotated the frontflip anyway, getting the front wheels higher with a dirt ramp would only make it worse.