Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

Goldberg6734

1 hour ago, Hagan Moskau said:

They actually stopped going to the Izod Center after 2015. Don't know why.

Pretty sure the state shut down the Izod Center. There's no reason to do an arena show in a city you already do two stadium events at. The markets where they do a stadium and an arena those shows are in different seasons with arenas first quarter and a stadium in the summer but those are rare. If there was enough demand for another Detroit show they'd find a way to do another stadium date.

1 hour ago, NavySonicShell said:

Well those aren't really BKT's. I think they're the tires the truck has been sitting on forever with BKT sprayed on them. And why? probably a contractual obligation of some sort.

I'd imagine the tires it had been sitting on were dry rotted from sitting for so long. Probably just went out back and found a set of old tires that were good enough to use. I think the BKT ride truck used to have some Michelin's that had BKT spray painted on the side so maybe that's where they pulled them from?

36 minutes ago, Dustin Hart AM said:

I'd imagine the tires it had been sitting on were dry rotted from sitting for so long. Probably just went out back and found a set of old tires that were good enough to use. I think the BKT ride truck used to have some Michelin's that had BKT spray painted on the side so maybe that's where they pulled them from?

That sounds way more likely, I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sort of BKT stuff thrown on it regardless though. 

1 hour ago, NavySonicShell said:

That sounds way more likely, I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sort of BKT stuff thrown on it regardless though. 

The Grave Digger tires and BKT tire ride truck tires are the exact same design. The digger's old tires weren't in good shape, so that added the ride trucks tires to it.

14713637_1255743444488826_72601490604741

0c45f94409ad16328935ae946a1a7dff.jpg

4 hours ago, Dustin Hart AM said:

Pretty sure the state shut down the Izod Center. There's no reason to do an arena show in a city you already do two stadium events at.

1. As a guy who normally goes to MetLife Stadium to see Monster Jam, I can confirm that the state did indeed shut down the IZOD Center due to financial issues. 

2. I was about to hammer you for what you said after that first sentence due to me reading it wrong at first, but I see your point. East Rutherford is the only city MJ has and currently goes to annually that had both a stadium and arena event.

2 hours ago, Hornetguy97 said:

isnt st louis dome in a financial issue too? 

Since the Rams are in LA now, their dome is basically useless. It's only good for monster truck rallies and concerts. Without the Rams having 8 games a year there now, the dome isn't making as much money as it used too.

The Dome is actually ran by the convention center. That was one of the main reasons why the dome was built was for that place.It actually still host games for like high school football teams.They also use it for convetions and stuff so they are still using the dome very often its just not for football. They have even talked about remolding the dome so they could host more events. Its not as dead as you would think it would be. Yes they aren't getting as much money from the NFL games but they are still making good amounts of money from other events.

22 hours ago, Hagan Moskau said:

They actually stopped going to the Izod Center after 2015. Don't know why.

Money was never made off of the IZOD Center. They were so far into the pooper financially that Monster Jam wound up being one of the last events ever done there before it was shut down. It's used as a rehearsal hall for concerts going to MetLife Stadium now. 

5 hours ago, Sonuvadiggerrocks said:

The Dome is actually ran by the convention center. That was one of the main reasons why the dome was built was for that place.It actually still host games for like high school football teams.They also use it for convetions and stuff so they are still using the dome very often its just not for football. They have even talked about remolding the dome so they could host more events. Its not as dead as you would think it would be. Yes they aren't getting as much money from the NFL games but they are still making good amounts of money from other events.

From when I was in St Louis this winter the staff there didn't seem concerned. Like you said they still do a number of events with large conventions. Without the Rams there's some impact but it also opens the door for different events to come in during the NFL season that otherwise wouldn't have. While it may not be the fanciest of the fancy stadiums like your new high end NFL stadiums but it's still a nice building and one of my favorites to do. Aside from having to refuel outside it's one of the more convenient venues for monster trucks.