Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

It definitely is sad to see Joe Sylvester not drive a monster truck anymore. I saw him perform in person only once, at Wildwood, NJ back in 2010 and he was brilliant the whole weekend. All I will say is good luck to Joe Sylvester in his future endeavors, he will be missed driving a monster truck for sure.

Also, forget about holding my final judgment and my previous view about the body color. I hope Adam Anderson destroys that body each weekend to prove a point on how FELD completely changed the historical aspect of Grave Digger The Legend with replacing blue and grey with purple.

My thought's on the legend are that if it was blue I would probably like it.  Purple has nothing to do with the legend Ford body and makes no sense.  It sucks seeing Joe in Bad Habit only running a limited schedule this year but at least he's still running.  It sucks he's not coming to Detroit at all this year.

• Upvote 1

Just found this out from the Monster Mayhem website and then went to the Monster Jam website to confirm it. BJ Johnson (former driver of California Kid) has now got himself a seat in one of FELD's company monster trucks. He will be driving the 2nd Mohawk Warrior and will be teaming with Morgan Kane in Maximum Destruction during 1st quarter. This makes me extremely happy because ever since BJ Johnson began working for FELD at the beginning of this year 2013 I was hoping he would get a shot at driving a FELD company monster truck. When I watched him perform in California Kid in 2012 he was an excellent driver, definitely crazy in freestyle. He deserves this opportunity no doubt in my opinion.

Here's BJ Johnson's 1st Quarter Schedule:

January 3 - 4: Des Moines, IA

January 11: Detroit, MI

January 18: Houston, TX

January 25: Orlando, FL

January 31 - February 1: Peoria, IL

February 7 - 9: Denver, CO

February 14 - 16: Cleveland, OH

So just for clarification here, the reason that the Legend truck is called The Legend is because it represents a part of Grave Digger history in the fact that it has a very similar paint scheme to that of the original truck. Now with that being said, why in the hell is this truck still being called "Legend" with this new paint scheme? The only thing remotely nostalgic, in regards to Digger, is the use of the 50's panel truck body. In that case, why wouldn't we consider Chalkboard Chuck to be part of this family? Seeing as how it was running what was very possibly an old "Digger" body. I'm not sure who Feld is letting take charge of these changes lately, but it would seem as though they've let one of the executives' kids start running the design department for these new trucks. Even some of the drivers aren't happy with the "new" styles they're doing. Of course this is just the opinion of one man, but from my viewpoint I don't really see anything exciting coming, as of yet, in 2014.

The IronMan body from the POD Tour was only for those two events. Lee's Crew Chief Tanner Swinheart told this to me at the Monster Jam Boy Scout Truck display at the Jamboree. John Seasock would have drove that truck if he hadn't gone back to Batman.

Remember filling out the survey for a 2014 truck? They had teletuby as an option... I think my nightmares have come true!!! A teletuby/Barney truck, nooooooooo!!!!

Did they ever release the results of that?  Might be N.E.A., or something else, but I don't recall hearing the final results of it.

Just found this out from the Monster Mayhem website and then went to the Monster Jam website to confirm it. BJ Johnson (former driver of California Kid) has now got himself a seat in one of FELD's company monster trucks. He will be driving the 2nd Mohawk Warrior and will be teaming with Morgan Kane in Maximum Destruction during 1st quarter. This makes me extremely happy because ever since BJ Johnson began working for FELD at the beginning of this year 2013 I was hoping he would get a shot at driving a FELD company monster truck. When I watched him perform in California Kid in 2012 he was an excellent driver, definitely crazy in freestyle. He deserves this opportunity no doubt in my opinion.

Here's BJ Johnson's 1st Quarter Schedule:

January 3 - 4: Des Moines, IA

January 11: Detroit, MI

January 18: Houston, TX

January 25: Orlando, FL

January 31 - February 1: Peoria, IL

February 7 - 9: Denver, CO

February 14 - 16: Cleveland, OH

This is BJ's second time with Monster Jam. Who remembers Shattered?
  • Upvote 2