Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Well daym, so he's gonna be in Vegas and I'm assuming Colton will too. And from what everything I've been reading it's gonna be a clustermuck of Diggers and Max Ds this year.

I know the show is almost over (or is already over), but even after last night's show, it was set that Morgan and Colton were going to be the top two in points for the More Monster Jam series. Since you can only earn a maximum of 9 points in one show, Coty would have to sweep everything coming into the Sunday afternoon and even then, he would only finish in 3rd. Morgan and Colton could have slept in their hotel beds throughout the entire show and still hold the top two spots.

And yes, there will be 3 Grave Diggers and 3 Max-Ds in the World Finals.

And yes, there will be 3 Grave Diggers and 3 Max-Ds in the World Finals.

Well, my question is. Why so many trucks? Also why isn't Pauken driving Mutt this year? And why would we want to see 3 gd's and 3 maxd's racing?... isn't that a little stupid?

Well, my question is. Why so many trucks? Also why isn't Pauken driving Mutt this year? And why would we want to see 3 gd's and 3 maxd's racing?... isn't that a little stupid?

Isn't it more stupid for points to be assigned to trucks in two different points series, and then not have the trucks in Vegas like promised?

Like seriously. It would make no sense since the points go to Max-D or Grave Digger or whatever. Specifically in #MMJ, if you see Team Max-D wins, but then doesn't compete in Vegas, with Team Max-D's representative in Blue Thunder, then it's not really Team Max-D is it?

Dustin's in Mutt for the World Finals for finishing in the top 4 of the FS1 Championship

Also looking at points Darron Basl finished last with 10.

Darron Basl. The most experienced driver in the tour. Finished last. 

Call me crazy (and I might be the only one on this forum to say this), but I actually thoroughly like the idea of multiple trucks. People for many years complained about drivers like Charlie Pauken being thrown in Monster Mutt for the Finals and saying that it's not the truck he earned that spot driving (basically saying that he should be driving a Digger because he had been driving one all year up to that point). Well, now here's Feld doing just that and people are complaining about it.

I like the idea of multiple trucks because, as Mason said, the driver of a said truck earned his spot in the Finals because of driving that truck (i.e. Morgan in Max-D, Colton in Grave Digger, Charlie in Grave Digger, Neil in Max-D). Yes, it will be strange to see two Grave Diggers or two Max-Ds race each other in competition, but that's how that driver earned his spot, so that's how it should remain. 

I personally would like to see variations of each name in terms of the scheme on the body, such as Tom driving a chrome spike Max-D, Morgan in the neon Max-D, and Neil in the spike Max-D; or Dennis in the regular Digger, Charlie driving the Grandma truck, and Colton driving another Digger variation of some sort.

• Upvote 3

I'm surprised to see Mike Vaters II qualify in Overkill Evolution as one of the first 7. Now I'm starting to think that all of the other YGS champs may qualify as well.

In addition...

It is official. We are seeing double as Charlie Pauken qualifies in Grave Digger, and Dustin Brown qualifies in Monster Mutt for being one of the Top 4 in the FS1 Championship Series!

I just had a thought, what if each truck ran a flag for which spot it qualified, like Vaters Jr would run a flag with a 7 on it? And I think with the removal of fan judging, next year will be even better.

I don't how everyone else feels about this, but I see complaints like this a lot about various drivers. Most of the time I have met the drivers that are being complained about and I personally have had a good experience meeting them.

My feeling is, you don't know what's happened in their real life that day. You don't know how much work they had to put in the night before (or even that morning) on the truck. You don't know whether the kid three spots in front of you on line kicked him in the nuts when they were picked up to take a picture.

I know you could bring up the argument "I paid money so it shouldn't matter," but keep in mind, they're human. As much as it would be nice for them to act like a robot, that's not going to happen.

If this happens 2 or 3 times, then I could see having a tainted view of the driver. But I think they should get at least 1 pass.

I'm really curious if I'm the only one with this mind set, am I?

I agree but for the sake of a debate I am gonna play the opposite side of the coin on this. You do realize how important fan interaction is for the "sport" of Monster Trucks? First impressions mean everything, it makes it even more difficult when these drivers you idolize do not reciprocate the same positive emotion back to you. We all hear about how what they do is for the fans, they would not be where they are with them, blah blah blah. Yes they are human and yes they are not supposed to be corporate robots but a true hearted driver will be there with a smile on his face.

• Upvote 4