Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

I agree but for the sake of a debate I am gonna play the opposite side of the coin on this. You do realize how important fan interaction is for the "sport" of Monster Trucks? First impressions mean everything, it makes it even more difficult when these drivers you idolize do not reciprocate the same positive emotion back to you. We all hear about how what they do is for the fans, they would not be where they are with them, blah blah blah. Yes they are human and yes they are not supposed to be corporate robots but a true hearted driver will be there with a smile on his face.

Fair point, and there are definitely drivers out there who put a smile on their face ever single night (Anderson's, Tom, etc.).

I just think, most of us on this forum know more than the average fan does about what goes on behind the scenes. Because of this, we also know that being a driver/crew guy is not all that easy and there are some very rough days (or weeks). So as pretty well educated fans I think we should be a little more lenient with a driver that has 1 bad day.

A little more lenient than a fan who just thinks they show up crash the trucks and leave. (If you're a fan who thinks this then I think having a tainted few of a driver for 1 bad day is more understandable)

Especially Dustin, who, as Danny even pointed out, put in more than his fair share of years as a crew guy. Plus, he was working on the truck that probably sustained the most total damage of any truck during that time.

Fair point, and there are definitely drivers out there who put a smile on their face ever single night (Anderson's, Tom, etc.).

I just think, most of us on this forum know more than the average fan does about what goes on behind the scenes. Because of this, we also know that being a driver/crew guy is not all that easy and there are some very rough days (or weeks). So as pretty well educated fans I think we should be a little more lenient with a driver that has 1 bad day.

A little more lenient than a fan who just thinks they show up crash the trucks and leave. (If you're a fan who thinks this then I think having a tainted few of a driver for 1 bad day is more understandable)

Especially Dustin, who, as Danny even pointed out, put in more than his fair share of years as a crew guy. Plus, he was working on the truck that probably sustained the most total damage of any truck during that time.

Most of us on this forum (all "3,000" of us) do not even equal 1% of Monster Jam's fanbase, I am hard pressed to even think that over 10% of the fanbase are "hardcore" into it. I mean to give an example, after Titan was totalled at Vegas last year, the next day, with Johnsons Mohawk Warrior underneath the body, I overheard several people saying that the crash must not have been that bad as he already had his truck fixed. I am not saying I disagree with you in the slightest, I totally understand that some of them have long days/nights of work, I honestly do not have anything bad to say about any of the drivers. Just some are a little less engaging then others.

I don't see why people have a problem with multiples of certain trucks at the Finals.

Bigfoot can have multiples of their trucks at events and its fine, why is it an issue when Feld wants to do it?

• Upvote 6

Cause change scares people, Bigfoot has been doing the different scheme thing for a while now. Aslong as the effort of distinguishing the Diggers and Max-D's (I mean hell they did it for the El Toro's) I do not have a problem with it.

This will be weird. At least we have the top veterans who did not do so well who might be able to go to Vegas. Jim Kohler in Avenger, Steve Sims in Stone Crusher, TITAN, Marc MacDonald in El Toro Loco, Psblo Huffaker, Chad Fortune in Soldier Fortune, and more

Most of us on this forum (all "3,000" of us) do not even equal 1% of Monster Jam's fanbase, I am hard pressed to even think that over 10% of the fanbase are "hardcore" into it. I mean to give an example, after Titan was totalled at Vegas last year, the next day, with Johnsons Mohawk Warrior underneath the body, I overheard several people saying that the crash must not have been that bad as he already had his truck fixed. I am not saying I disagree with you in the slightest, I totally understand that some of them have long days/nights of work, I honestly do not have anything bad to say about any of the drivers. Just some are a little less engaging then others.

I love a good debate haha.

All I was trying to say in the last post was that the few hard core fans that exist, as few of us as there are, should have more patients with the drivers. We're the ones that know it's not a piece of cake.

If people like the ones you mentioned (thinking Titan was completely rebuilt in one day) want to hold a grudge against a driver after 1 bad experience then they can go ahead and do that.

Basically, I think people who know it can be rough should be more lenient, that's all. As for the other 99%, they can think whatever they want. 

No offense to anyone, but I can't stand it when you go to a show and maybe a wheel might break and someone would go "it must have been the engine....."

Well most probably just hear the truck quit running and they think that. Dont really look at damage underneath or cant see what happened. I didnt see what happened to dustin in detroit until the show today. Slightly bent fourlink.