Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

I mean, don't get me wrong I understand that drivers do have a bad day, and I mean if I caught him on a better one then my view would turn around (hell the exact same thing happened to Chad Fortune) I don't hate him by any stretch of the imagination, and I know he paid his dues to be here it's just a kind of first impression thing that sorta stuck in my mind, and I know it was an unpopular opinion but I just kinda felt like getting it off my chest.

Getting a bit on topic, does anyone know who this is with Northern Nightmare? It doesn't look like Cam unless he grew a James Hetfield beard on us recently, and it certainly isn't Steven Thompson

10885473_10153123800030833_7240869430469

That's Cam, also... the whole Team Canada Vs. Team US never amounted to anything, drivers "picked sides" and after that the only thing mentioned about the Team thing was that Tingler got a point for team US after his wheelie win (talking about the Saturday afternoon). 

Holy crap i can reply again...

Anyway I know drivers can have their bad days, Andy Slfiko for example stafford 2010 he was being a real big one then the next year he was the coolest guy ever. Just dont let one bad expirence hinder what you feel about the driver. everyone had bad days

I don't see why people have a problem with multiples of certain trucks at the Finals.

I don't go to the world finals see Colton, or Charlie in Grave Digger, I go to the world finals to see Dennis in Digger.  Same goes for Max D, while I'm a bigger fan of Neil than I am Tom.. I travel to Vegas to see Tom in Max D not Neil. 

Now with the previous trucks that have been ran in the past (non marvel, etc.) Why not throw Colton, Charlie, and Morgan in something that could be a throwback?  I'd be more interested in seeing that than Max D vs Max D in the racing finals..

I can see your point, but honestly, I don't think there's enough spare names for people to run for how large the talent pool is this year (I don't think Feld owns the rights to Ragin Steel anymore btdubs). Honestly, if it means I get to see the most talented drivers perform during the biggest show in the monster truck industry, I don't care if they're in a Digger or Max-D. If it's the body/chassis style their most comfortable with, then it just adds to how much talent they can show while on the floor.

• Upvote 3

Why not throw Colton, Charlie, and Morgan in something that could be a throwback?  I'd be more interested in seeing that than Max D vs Max D in the racing finals..

Because again, the points were assigned to the TRUCKnot the driver. It would make sense if the points were assigned to the driver, but since they weren't, it would make no sense for Max-D to win a championship just for it to not be in the finals. Besides, you see Tom in Max-D anyways, because he is still there in Max-D. Same with Dennis, there's just two other drivers under the same name.

Because again, the points were assigned to the TRUCKnot the driver. It would make sense if the points were assigned to the driver, but since they weren't, it would make no sense for Max-D to win a championship just for it to not be in the finals. Besides, you see Tom in Max-D anyways, because he is still there in Max-D. Same with Dennis, there's just two other drivers under the same name.

Last time I checked.. the truck doesn't drive itself. All season long it wasn't presented points to the truck but as truck and driver. What I put in bold you totally missed my point of my post.

I never really like how they shuffled drivers around to other trucks because of a specific driver having "rights" to drive a particular name. I want to see the best of the best at the biggest show of the year. I do not care if that means there are 7 diggers, 3 max-d's, 2 monster energies, 101 mutts. Just give me the best drivers available, without them the names on the side of the trucks would mean nothing.

11025954_10153128832375833_4914164634810

And incase anyone was wondering about the 3 Bulls at El Paso, they were Lupe's,

9608fdc2-872b-43ab-afa4-6e8c0a541c33.jpg

the Max-D stunt truck

60294178-0c5a-41dc-b0ec-e66213868eee.jpg

and Krmel.

95a3c89e-6d56-402b-acd9-69592382619c.jpg

• Upvote 4

As long as its a different style of truck body, its okay. But three of the same body? Just doesnt make sense. Its like racing dor they have teammates, same gear but a different number. So

That would be the logical way to do it. This also got me thinking, we never had a problem before with Pablo in Wolverine, or Charlie in the mutt, he still used the digger chassis. I know that Dustin has the mutt and im looking forward to seeing him, but Charlie in spooky digger would be awesome to see again. (WF13 encore) Same goes for the Max-D truck, there are three different designs for the Max-D body, use on of each. 

• Upvote 1