Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Can't believe I'm about to defend Nicole Johnson, but she's actually getting consistently better with each show this year (minus the finals). In Santa Clara, you can tell it seems like she has more confidence, and actually kept up a good amount of momentum, and actually filled the clock with a pretty respectable run. It was really evident in El Paso, which honestly was her best run in her career as of right now in my opinion.

The best run of Nicole that I've seen is any arena performance by her in 2011, especially Roanoke (I think). She proved to be an exciting performer in arenas, especially when in arena show befores 2011, the biggest competitors would be any Grave Digger or Max-D (or any driver that usually competed in large stadiums). No offense to her now, but personally that's when she was best. Here's another thing I think about her: Nicole is a good driver, but everyone else is a great driver. I think she could be winning larger events if it were 2008, but the talent has increased and the competiton has became tougher. I haven't seen her runs from El Paso or Santa Clara yet, but I according to how you guys are defending her right now, I would guess that they were pretty exceptional.

• Upvote 1

Monster Jam® Trucks: Grave Digger® driven by TBA, El Toro Loco® (black) driven by TBA, El Toro Loco® (yellow) driven by Lupe Soza, El Diablo℠ driven by JP Ruggiero, Max-D℠ driven by Tom Meents, Zombie driven by TBA, El Toro Loco® (red) driven by Dan Rodoni, Monster Mutt® Rottweiler driven by Daron Basl, Titan driven by Donald Epidendio and El Matador driven by Aaron Basl!
Subject to change without notice.

I guess tba is busy

This the line up for Salinas,CA. Makes me wonder if they're doing  teams for this event

Edited by MJROR321

Aaron Basl in El Matador? 

Daron Basl has been the one who has always driven for Flame Motorsports, unless Aaron also joined the team after driving one of their chassis in #MoreMonsterJam.

As far as I know, Aaron joined Flame and Bryan Wright took his spot on Racesource. 

Monster Jam® Trucks: Grave Digger® driven by TBA, El Toro Loco® (black) driven by TBA, El Toro Loco® (yellow) driven by Lupe Soza, El Diablo℠ driven by JP Ruggiero, Max-D℠ driven by Tom Meents, Zombie driven by TBA, El Toro Loco® (red) driven by Dan Rodoni, Monster Mutt® Rottweiler driven by Daron Basl, Titan driven by Donald Epidendio and El Matador driven by Aaron Basl!

Subject to change without notice.

I guess tba is busy

note the three El Toro Locos

Nicole isn't the best driver out there, but that jump was way to steep as Avenger and Crusader proved later that night. 

Okay, is it just me, or did Grave Digger (Colton) head for that jump and actually land it? Plus, why would they make a jump that would be much too steep?

Also, the lineup for Ocala looks really interesting:

Trucks: Grave Digger driven by Dennis Anderson, Son-Uva Digger driven by Ryan Anderson, Grave Digger the Legend driven by Adam Anderson, Grave Digger driven by Charlie Pauken, Monster Mutt Rottweiler driven by Rod Schmidt, Mohawk Warrior driven by George Balhan, Metal Mulisha driven by Todd LeDuc and Doom's Day!

Looks like there's going to be TWO Grave Diggers for this one.