Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Thats not it. Just kinda feel like its not gonna be "AS BIG AS IT GETS". or this could be the best year ever.

Well I will agree with you there, they spent all year hyping WF15 with the "as big as it gets" BS and the show flat out sucked. With the direction the "sport" has been going it will only get worse before it gets better. It is not that I disagree with what you posted (I share roughly the same outlook) but there seems to be a few bright spots before the year even kicks off. I will always be a glass half full kinda guy, even when history and facts show there will be a downfall incoming.

What if it's not a typo...  I looked at all of the shows that weekend and Meents' Max-D isn't listed at any other venue.  Also "Tom Meents driving Grave Digger" is the only FELD truck in Memphis that weekend.  Meents trailers alone, there is no Digger truck at that show, why would it not surprise me that FELD would throw a digger body on Meents' chassis.  If I were FELD I would want a Grave Digger truck at every show (Since that is what bring money).  We might see a Maximum Digger.  Or Grave Destruction.  Kill me now.    

What if it's not a typo...  I looked at all of the shows that weekend and Meents' Max-D isn't listed at any other venue.  Also "Tom Meents driving Grave Digger" is the only FELD truck in Memphis that weekend.  Meents trailers alone, there is no Digger truck at that show, why would it not surprise me that FELD would throw a digger body on Meents' chassis.  If I were FELD I would want a Grave Digger truck at every show (Since that is what bring money).  We might see a Maximum Digger.  Or Grave Destruction.  Kill me now.    

just checked and it seems they went back and spell checked everything. tom is in max-d.

Fans (like you guys, not gonna put "us" because i dont really contribute here, wish i could) of the sport understand what is going on behind the scenes and what it takes to be in this sport, but the ones who go for the show and not the sport, their expectations are high. It can only get so big.IMO, monster jam is at that point where they are extremely close to the roof. but you cant really raise it? So sooner or later, "As Big As It Gets" will be a literal slogan. Correct me if im wrong but thats just how i feel.

just checked and it seems they went back and spell checked everything. tom is in max-d.

Fans (like you guys, not gonna put "us" because i dont really contribute here, wish i could) of the sport understand what is going on behind the scenes and what it takes to be in this sport, but the ones who go for the show and not the sport, their expectations are high. It can only get so big.IMO, monster jam is at that point where they are extremely close to the roof. but you cant really raise it? So sooner or later, "As Big As It Gets" will be a literal slogan. Correct me if im wrong but thats just how i feel.

Yeah, I thought that when we hit Worlds Finals 9. There's always room for something to get better.

Not intentionally no, but there has been several instances of trucks chucking parts into the stands (Tacoma being the worst, Crusader had a shock cap end up in the stands at one show and the Doomsday encore had a truck chuck some sort of part into the crowd aswell). Trucks are allowed to get even more out of shape and allowed to try to recover from crashes or rolls even more so then last year. You give those two factors more time and there will be more instances of it.

I am not even going to get into the drivers and how much abuse they take from driving. They do a masterful job of keeping it to themselves and not making it public but if you think they don't hurt, you are just ignorant. These guys and gals put their selves through hell for our entertainment.