Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Not intentionally no, but there has been several instances of trucks chucking parts into the stands (Tacoma being the worst, Crusader had a shock cap end up in the stands at one show and the Doomsday encore had a truck chuck some sort of part into the crowd aswell). Trucks are allowed to get even more out of shape and allowed to try to recover from crashes or rolls even more so then last year. You give those two factors more time and there will be more instances of it.

I am not even going to get into the drivers and how much abuse they take from driving. They do a masterful job of keeping it to themselves and not making it public but if you think they don't hurt, you are just ignorant. These guys and gals put their selves through hell for our entertainment. 

im surprised as well actually. My worst fear is 75 mph plus through thunder ally, tire comes off. Its like a bouncy ball no one is safe... Driver and Fan safety needs to be tripled in someway shape or form before it gets to crazy. Im surprised dennis or tom can even walk anymore with the beatings they take. or any driver that is.

Well there not going to put you in danger I mean if the didn't let,the trucks try to save it (only in a big stadium) then the should wouldn't be fun

Safety comes before fun, sound like a parent but its true. it may not make for a good show but im probably not the only one who winces or looks away when they floor it when on their roofs. balhan at WF 15 scared the crap out of me. Underside of trucks facing the crowd is just disaster lurking in the dark. This topic has been covered a lot though. O well.

it does seem from the line ups a points system could be in the near future.

Neil Elliot WF XVI Freestyle Champion  :D

They do take a beating but there safety equipment and roll cage keeps the safe during insane crashes I mean I have seen a car going 150 mph jump a ramps a wreck while flipping about 10 times and only have a few scratches. I know they do hurt to drive one because they aren't giant pillows and from experiences in dirt bikes sometimes the landings hurt. But if you look at what happened to that monster truck in Mexico you should be thankful that monster jam has rii and tries to keep you safe. Things do happen were stuff fly off buts it's not the only motor sport were it happens

They do take a beating but there safety equipment and roll cage keeps the safe during insane crashes I mean I have seen a car going 150 mph jump a ramps a wreck while flipping about 10 times and only have a few scratches. I know they do hurt to drive one because they aren't giant pillows and from experiences in dirt bikes sometimes the landings hurt. But if you look at what happened to that monster truck in Mexico you should be thankful that monster jam has rii and tries to keep you safe. Things do happen were stuff fly off buts it's not the only motor sport were it happens

And i am thankful for the safety. Could it be improved, yes. I didnt even know tom had a step son. We have been very lucky so far, knock on wood. "punches hole through redwood tree"

if you are on a desktop or laptop, please use the edit post. Helps clutter. THANKS :rolleyes::D