Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

What I wanna know is why Feld hasn't come to you guys (the SM track makers) for help. Some of the stuff you guys make is a bit extreme, but on the more realistic side of things you guys make way better tracks than they do (in my opinion). Also didn't they have a driver, I think Jim Koehler to help design tracks? Idk if that was Feld, but they should do that again. Get help from the drivers.

The reason I think that FELD won't take advice from people like us on Sim Monsters is because they probably just see us as a bunch of kids, and they just think that they're the "#1 provider of family entertainment in America". Which is true; a lot of the other shows/events they put on are entertaining. But here's where they go wrong: they're entertaining the wrong crowd. I mean, the sport can probably be as good as TNT or PENDA if they can implement a good points series, stop the #MoreMonsterJam drama, and actually aim the sport towards all ages. They did it with Monster Energy Supercross. Nucleae Cowboyz, and Amsoil Arena Cross, so why can't they do it for the most loyal fans in the world? I think that FELD doesn't really care about the drivers (as in they'll do anything for merchandising, money, etc.) I believe I saw a video where someone was questioning the drivers at Oakland in 2014 about what they think, and JP openly stated that he liked the 2013 El Diablo.

#MoreMonsterJam is honestly the best idea FELD has had in a while, and I don't see how it's aimed away from all ages. Monster Jam aim to be family entertainment, meaning children and adults alike.

I do like the more monster jam idea aswell, does feld know we exist? I thought adam anderson had an account?

The reason I say drama is because they have Dalton Millican shoving Colt Eichelberger for tipping him over. I mean, I'd be mad, but I don't think that shoving him is necessary, as fighting has never been a part of a sport, whereas in hockey, fighting is appropriate. I've heard that Adam has an account. I've never seen it. I think. Well drivers are fully aware of Monster Mayhem; Michael Harper, Paul Strong, & Kyle Doyle all have accounts. I believe some promoters and officials do too. 

@ littlefan

They've been known to almost shut down Youtubers if they don't remove some of the content.

I do like the more monster jam idea aswell, does feld know we exist? I thought adam anderson had an account?

The Anderson's and friends play this game, many people know about it.

I feel like if a higher-up at FELD found this site we'd be shut down pretty quick.

They couldn't. There's no reason. We are fine.

The reason I say drama is because they have Dalton Millican shoving Colt Eichelberger for tipping him over. I mean, I'd be mad, but I don't think that shoving him is necessary, as fighting has never been a part of a sport, whereas in hockey, fighting is appropriate.

They're all friends, they compete fully and then put on a bit of a show. They aren't really mad, they're just getting the audience involved. 

Quite a few people from the industry know about the site, off the top of my head I know Ryan, Adam, Coty Sauicer and Morgan Kane have accounts. I know there are pictures of the Basl brothers playing ROR aswell as someone playing on the jumbotron at the Providence hockey arena.

I feel like if a higher-up at FELD found this site we'd be shut down pretty quick.

We do not make any money off of the stuff here, that is basically the main reason there has never been any legality issues.

#MoreMonsterJam is honestly the best idea FELD has had in a while, and I don't see how it's aimed away from all ages. Monster Jam aim to be family entertainment, meaning children and adults alike. 

Credit where its due, they have stepped up arena shows dramatically. The negative side to that is people will expect that as the benchmark. I do not think I have to go into detail about the complications of losing control of a truck on a small floor. Get rid of the ATV's and UTV's with proper judging and I would give it the thumbs up.

• Upvote 1

I know it's fake,it's just that they're trying to add dramatic effect, and I think that it would be cooler to do something different.Fighting/shoving doesn't belong in Monster Jam, so they shouldn't try to implement it. I do like the way how the arena shows are getting better. I just wish that it could be more like FS1, where the leader can change at any given point. But at least Morgan and Colton are putting on a good show. They're fun to watch compete. I'm sure next year it will take a turn for the better, after all, this is the first year that they're doing all of this points stuff. 

The ATV's and UTV's are hella entertaining. Especially since they aren't just random drivers no ones ever heard of or cares about, it the monster truck drivers themselves.

And technically no, it isn't copyright since we don't make a profit on any of the content made in this community.

• Upvote 1

We are the rare few that actually want a real competitive series. Most people just want to see sh*t break and trucks flip. Catering to the minority would lose Feld money. It's that simple. Carnage = more people attending = more money in Felds vastly deep pockets.

• Upvote 1