Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

6 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

Also looks like the old Eradicator is gonna debut as Muddy Girl according to a lineup in Rochester Minnesota

Paul Breaud bought the truck a while ago, although I'm sure it was a separate purchase from Backdraft. There's a video from fall of last year of a show where he had all 3 trucks there, and he had a girl drive Eradicator, not sure if it was his daughter, but looking forward to the trucks re-debut. Paul is passionate about his trucks too, and after seeing the paint jobs he put on Instigator and Backdraft I'm sure it'll look good too.

So the final year of the Georgia Dome will be 2017 which raises an interesting question because does this mean FELD will give a higher quality lineup (guessing the FS1 Championship) for the March show? Because this is gonna be interesting since this will be the first show since Houston in 2002 that had a final event in a year with more than one show, and Houston at least the Astrodome stayed up, the Georgia Dome is gonna come down probably immediately after the closing of the season

According to Monster Jam's Facebook, I have some good news and bad news regarding Japan this year.

The good news is that Tom Meents will be jumpin' over some trucks as an encore after Racing.

The bad news is that it's the World Finals encore repeated; he's jumping five trucks there.

Didn't mention Tom anywhere in the post I saw... it could be assumed it's him but it could very much be Neil too (especially since he'll be in the Philippines if the source of the website is correct). Also I doubt the Japanese crowd will be pissed that he's only jumping five trucks, it's their first big monster truck show in... bloody hell 26 years if I'm right on the date... 

Let's be honest though last time the USHRA got involved with Japan the Japanese just bought of four trucks. And I don't blame MJ for waiting this long to go this international after seeing other indies take their trucks to other countries and lose them to customs.

9 hours ago, bkelley said:

Let's be honest though last time the USHRA got involved with Japan the Japanese just bought of four trucks. And I don't blame MJ for waiting this long to go this international after seeing other indies take their trucks to other countries and lose them to customs.

Well those trucks weren't owned by USHRA, they were owned by Seth Doulton and at least they bought them properly (as far as I know) 

14 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

Didn't mention Tom anywhere in the post I saw... it could be assumed it's him but it could very much be Neil too (especially since he'll be in the Philippines if the source of the website is correct). Also I doubt the Japanese crowd will be pissed that he's only jumping five trucks, it's their first big monster truck show in... bloody hell 26 years if I'm right on the date... 

I know that, it's just that wouldn't it be even more cooler if he or whoever jumped over seven? Like we wanted him to do for Santa Clara?

57 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

I know that, it's just that wouldn't it be even more cooler if he or whoever jumped over seven? Like we wanted him to do for Santa Clara?

Keep in mind it's a smaller lineup, and FELD can very easily haul in some extra trucks to Santa Clara, it's way harder to do all the way in Japan

Here's a mindlove for yall, Trouble Maker and Double Trouble ran their BKT tires in Stockton last night:

12512483_1155710411114904_63260232667456

12671728_10205697511861098_7949913906696

I think this is the first time ever that a truck ran BKT tires at a non Monster Jam event (because Titan took them off after the season end last year, Saigon Shaker and Instigator/Backdraft also took them off too for shows during and after season)

Also Dan's body was ran on Larry's chassis

10399894_1374917342534454_68202666316475