Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Still I doubt FELD would pull out one their most famous drivers for a little damage to an arena. With how far MJ is pushing the sport and how arena shows have evolved in the last two years a little damage may be expected.

1 minute ago, bkelley said:

Still I doubt FELD would pull out one their most famous drivers for a little damage to an arena. With how far MJ is pushing the sport and how arena shows have evolved in the last two years a little damage may be expected.

I can see your point, but also have to look at it in the way of "Hey, this guy did a little damage to the arena. Maybe we better take him out so the venue host doesn't get as mad."

Also, Tingler is a pretty good sub, so they'll still get a good show.

I was reading about this on one of the Facebook groups. They referenced an incident that happened awhile back as well, it may not have been FELD's decision completely. The venue may have requested that said driver be removed for the remainder of the weekend.

General Tire will be ran under the Hall Brothers and will be driven by Dale Benear:

general_tire_mt_for_site_0.jpg?itok=iTzy

Honestly I'm waiting for the day when it's just three Bigfoot trucks vs. three Hall trucks year after year after year. That's basically what it's become (although not as bad as Monster X Tour which half of it is just Bill Payne trucks). 

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:52 PM, bkelley said:

A "little" damage can amount to 10's of thousands if dollars... just saying.

@ Hurricane Force, Mentes Hauler is still stuck in Vegas due to a rig break down, so they had to use a Vaters chassis for a display. Also on the King Krunch deal with the Basl, it is now Darons chassis (according to Mike Wine. I signed autographs with him in Vegas.. really cool dude, boy he talks alot!), and if I remember correctly Mike said they're building another chassis for David but dont hold me to that. Also one final piece, the American Sniper body is getting ran until its trashed or until the weekend before May 13th, because the body is being donated to the Chris Kyle Benefit (May 13-14) to be auctioned off at the benefit. And Mullet and Kevin King drove for us as Todd/Mike/Trent were off doing personal things. And 2 of those 3 wont be returning, Todd is always iffy.. 

• Upvote 1