Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

I gotta ask, even though it's off subject, but what happened to the shows in Philly and Baltimore? They had some awesome shows there! Was it because the track crew damaged the floor, or was it something to do with the contracts? (Someone on facebook was asking, and I was curious too.)

7 minutes ago, litl_e_fan said:

Have there been any concrete shows this year?

As far as Monster Jam no there has not. I guess they got contracts to bring dirt in since in theory it'll be a bit safer instead of tons of metal and junk cars being pushed around

1 minute ago, Hagan Moskau said:

I gotta ask, even though it's off subject, but what happened to the shows in Philly and Baltimore? They had some awesome shows there! Was it because the track crew damaged the floor, or was it something to do with the contracts? (Someone on facebook was asking, and I was curious too.)

I'd say a mix of both, probably contracts more than likely

6 minutes ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Philadelphia's issue was with damaging the floor and the whole "Go Green!" concept they were running. In terms of image, it doesn't look good to have solar panels, wind turbines and gas-guzzling over-sized trucks. As for Baltimore, I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, All Ford said:

Philadelphia's issue was with damaging the floor and the whole "Go Green!" concept they were running. In terms of image, it doesn't look good to have solar panels, wind turbines and gas-guzzling over-sized trucks. As for Baltimore, I'm not sure.

Well I can see the damaging floor part. When they debuted those new Ukraine tires, it was damaging the floor pretty badly. I have to agree with that image theory too. It's really sad to see them not do shows there anymore.

1 hour ago, Goldberg6734 said:

Macon looks really nicer with Dirt now. I'm more interested in going now since they're not doing Concrete anymore.

I would've gone to Chattanooga this year if I didn't have Nashville lined up already (although I have no bloody clue how a track of that nature will fit in there... well we'll see next weekend)

3 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

Expected it to be but dirt is in Macon for the first time ever:

12938091_1176766075681537_48504232379164

If dirt is in Macon, I'm expecting dirt in Sunrise for the first time ever. I may be wrong but I don't think there have been any concrete shows this year.

23 minutes ago, Charlie H. said:

Is there even a Sunrise show this year? I looked on both MJ Online and the BBT Center website and neither are listing a show there

There's dates set just tickets aren't on sale. I live near Sunrise so it shows up on the homepage.

Capture.PNG

RIP in pepperoni light

Also before people go all crazy and get in a twist over this the truck didn't get past the first row of seats, the barriers did exactly what they needed to do. Although I will admit a row or two extra next year may suffice

Alright Dan question for ya, is the chrome body a permanent thing now? I'm kinda curious since he did trash it in Vegas and it looks pretty fresh here

12932802_1023157257759119_53414734298693

2 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

Alright Dan question for ya, is the chrome body a permanent thing now? I'm kinda curious since he did trash it in Vegas and it looks pretty fresh here

The chrome body was only on for qualifying and racing. We threw the junky FS1 Championship Series body on it for freestyle since Mikey told us he planned on bringing EVO out in a body bag after his run. Mike and Marty didn't want to new body to get torn to pieces since it was just getting done wrapped at 4:00am on Thursday morning. Plus, every year in freestyle at the Finals, the old body goes on so the new one gets saved for the next event. And as far as I know, this body will stay on for the rest of 2016.