Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Holy crap... Hope they don't have to retire another chassis  

I'd think they would. Seeing as how the axle is disconnected to the shocks and the four links . Bigfoot 10's damage looked similar to this.

Edited by Jon Cannon
Quoting images...

29 minutes ago, bkelley said:

I'd think they would. Seeing as how the axle is disconnected to the shocks and the four links . Bigfoot 10's damage looked similar to this.

You're kinda comparing apples to oranges in terms of impacts and chassis. Both chassis are completely different and have seen different levels of wear and tear. Keep in mind 10 was like 20 years old before getting retired. 18 is what 5-6 years old? Looks like the front end probably dug in and the tabs or the rod ends for the 4-link bars are what gave way on 18 in this instance. May just be as simple as replacing those and re-installing everything else. I can't see all the shocks but the shafts still look straight on 3 out of the 4.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jon Cannon said:

Looks like racing in Wildwood tonight is pretty brutal. :unsure:

11 hours ago, Outlawed said:

I would be surprised if that warrants a retirement of the chassis, definitely a yardsale though. Crazy how much damage can occur from 4 links failing.

2 hours ago, Jon Cannon said:
Little gfycat action incase someone somehow hasn't seen the footage from MonsterBlog.

So wait, how did it happen exactly? May be a dumb question but was curious

9 minutes ago, LordFrosting said:

So wait, how did it happen exactly? May be a dumb question but was curious

It's just one of those racing incidents. They were both going for the win, and that jump kicked them both towards each other. Wheels touched, and because the wheels were moving so fast in the air, it had a repelling effect.

• Upvote 2

Didnt break the 4 link tabs he actually broke the 4 link bars. Probably broke the shock mount for that one, Driveshaft loop is broke, i assume that means the driveshaft probably broke too. roll cage looks bent, i heard that the axle housing was cracked, and some other bars were broke but no way 18 will be retired. Oh and I bet the front third member is probably broke in some way and maybe an axle too wouldnt surprise me 

3 hours ago, Jon Cannon said:

It's just one of those racing incidents. They were both going for the win, and that jump kicked them both towards each other. Wheels touched, and because the wheels were moving so fast in the air, it had a repelling effect.

Ah okay, Thought something maybe broken. Thanks

I'm wondering how much damage was done to RST. That's the second bad crash this truck has had in a week (there was also a bad backflip landing in Gaithersburg) and that chassis is almost 10 years old, it's taken a ton of beatings

Also bit of a new look for Double Trouble. I still think even after all this time the green is putrid but eh it's better

14079658_1072989682786901_79957751320271

Red Solo Truck ran today so it must not have been too bad. Also are you sure youre not thinking of 19? Ive watched both 18 and 19 in person and 18 works great, 19 lands weird it seems like. Maybe thats just me but 18 seems to work pretty good