Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

So I may honestly bail on Dixie this year since according to the speedway it's the exact same lineup as last year... What the hell. Something is up. Red Solo and Equalizer are scheduled to be at Wildwood that weekend and Nitro Menace and Jailbird are scheduled to be at Dixie. Anyone know what's going on? Nick could you help a brother out here?

21 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

So I may honestly bail on Dixie this year since according to the speedway it's the exact same lineup as last year... What the hell. Something is up. Red Solo and Equalizer are scheduled to be at Wildwood that weekend and Nitro Menace and Jailbird are scheduled to be at Dixie. Anyone know what's going on? Nick could you help a brother out here?

Is that the show in a few weeks in Woodstock Georgia? If so then yes me Darren and Kaylyn will be there. Idk venues I know the towns lol

51 minutes ago, Charlie H. said:

Yes it is! Okay good, btw would you be near the trucks at all during the pit party? Would be nice to meet another member IRL again

Well I usually clean up the trailer during the pit party but I could probably sneak out there for a few :P 

Saw on Instagram from one of those little kid fan pages that Lupe Soza, Sean Duhon, Norm Miller, Frank Krmel, Rod Schmidt & George Balhan have been let go by Feld. Also says that CVH, Dustin Brown and Linsey Reed won't be driving for the season. Now usually I don't pay any attention to these pages, but I saw a comment from Charlie Pauken's son's account confirming it. I know CVH retired, Reed is out with a baby due during the season, we'be debated about Duhon, and Norm is understandable since he missed majority of last season because of his RL police job. But it seems strange with everyone else. I understand the whole "out with the old, in with the new" thing, but some of the guys aren't really all that bad these days. Sure Krmel has really slowed down and Rod kinda has too, but Soza and Balhan are still really decent drivers, and Dustin was really starting to take off in his career. Unless is like an issue with people like Seasock's departure was rumoredto be, I'm really honestly questioning these decisions.

6 minutes ago, steiale said:

Saw on Instagram from one of those little kid fan pages that Lupe Soza, Sean Duhon, Norm Miller, Frank Krmel, Rod Schmidt & George Balhan have been let go by Feld. Also says that CVH, Dustin Brown and Linsey Reed won't be driving for the season. Now usually I don't pay any attention to these pages, but I saw a comment from Charlie Pauken's son's account confirming it. I know CVH retired, Reed is out with a baby due during the season, we'be debated about Duhon, and Norm is understandable since he missed majority of last season because of his RL police job. But it seems strange with everyone else. I understand the whole "out with the old, in with the new" thing, but some of the guys aren't really all that bad these days. Sure Krmel has really slowed down and Rod kinda has too, but Soza and Balhan are still really decent drivers, and Dustin was really starting to take off in his career. Unless is like an issue with people like Seasock's departure was rumoredto be, I'm really honestly questioning these decisions.

F*** those kids.  But they're not wrong... 

48 minutes ago, steiale said:

The only true thing up there (so far) is Reed and CVH. Balhan confirmed on his Instagram that he staying with FELD. I'd assume that means Lupe and Dustin will stay as well. 

BTW Alex, I saw the original post, and it came from a Roblox group. Someone commented that the person who made the original post is always lying. 

Let's take a look at what is known, Duhon was pretty obvious once he filled in for Garner (there is more to the story so I am told but is speculation since it cannot be confirmed). Miller has his police chief gig, they had people filling in for NEA almost all of first quarter. CVH and I do believe Dustin are becoming shop overseers (they were already doing it). Soza, Balhan, Kreml and Schmidt are dated as a drivers, not bad drivers by any means, but this is a entertainment business and they are sadly interchangeable. Everything is plausible but wait until you see something official.

42 minutes ago, Dustin Hart AM said:

Hit the nail right square on the head. Everybody is interchangeable/replaceable. Don't be surprised if a majority of the fleet looks different in the next two years.

Next year will hardly look like this year.  I've been told by credible sources that huge changes are coming for the first quarter, some of which I'm sure will upset people. 

17 hours ago, Outlawed said:

Let's take a look at what is known, Duhon was pretty obvious once he filled in for Garner (there is more to the story so I am told but is speculation since it cannot be confirmed). Miller has his police chief gig, they had people filling in for NEA almost all of first quarter. CVH and I do believe Dustin are becoming shop overseers (they were already doing it). Soza, Balhan, Kreml and Schmidt are dated as a drivers, not bad drivers by any means, but this is a entertainment business and they are sadly interchangeable. Everything is plausible but wait until you see something official.

Only one shocking to me is Balhan since he's a massive figurehead for Monster Jam. The rest I can kinda see, one I'm saddest about honestly is Dustin