Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Little surprised that Zimmer would be in Grave Digger. I mean he's a good driver and all, but I thought they would've picked someone else like Huffaker or even Cole Venard (Yes, I know that the Andersons are in Germany/Australlia and Pauken's in Australlia). I still don't think Sean is getting dropped. I don't think Monster Jam would publicly wish you a happy birthday on Social Media if they were letting you go (Unless they used this as a cover up or something where actually yeah he's getting the boot...) But yeah, that's a great line up of trucks. Jared and Bailey should adjust pretty quickly despite the larger than a normal stadium floor size. 

5 hours ago, steiale said:

Little surprised that Zimmer would be in Grave Digger. I mean he's a good driver and all, but I thought they would've picked someone else like Huffaker or even Cole Venard (Yes, I know that the Andersons are in Germany/Australlia and Pauken's in Australlia). I still don't think Sean is getting dropped. I don't think Monster Jam would publicly wish you a happy birthday on Social Media if they were letting you go (Unless they used this as a cover up or something where actually yeah he's getting the boot...) But yeah, that's a great line up of trucks. Jared and Bailey should adjust pretty quickly despite the larger than a normal stadium floor size. 

You'll be seeing Sean not in an MJ truck in 11 days 

Edited by MasonThompson
Sean not Bari

11 hours ago, Robertson Racing said:

Honestly that's a pretty solid lineup overall besides Mark Schroeder in Devastator. I'm so stoked to see Devin Jones in AZ for the first time!

Uncle Mark may not go out there and cartwheel the truck but he'll put on a solid show. I'll be interested in seeing Devin's new truck on a stadium floor for the first time.

5 hours ago, steiale said:

I was kinda surprised to see Zimmer put in for that show because I thought he was going over to Australia to crew and help maintain the fleet over there. With that being said I haven't talked to him in a few months so I guess those plans have changed.

Also if you're not aware yet, not all sides of the company talk to one another on a regular basis. The internet/social media department isn't exactly filled with people I'd refer to as industry insiders.

I've seen Jon run in person back in 2015. He kicked ass. He was technical, fast paced, had good air and had wow moments. And if he hadn't flipped early; he would've easily won. No doubt. Plus, he was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. And he's a good sportsman. He may be a a little slow at times, but he is a beast behind a Grave Digger truck.

41 minutes ago, Imagine_Dragons_fan said:

am i the only one whos not a fan of the fs series and wish that they would just show the regular tours 

IMO, The FS1 tour is a great idea. Having a points based series that seeds its winner into Vegas is great. That said, there are a few issues I have with it. They should really change up the field every year (I.E. send Damon, Linsey and the others back to the normal shows) and maybe give points to like 2nd and 3rd so that maybe the standings can be a little bit more insteresting. 

I have a bold prediction. Since they did have Tom on the series last season, I think Dennis might be on the series for his final season next year. 

1 minute ago, steiale said:

IMO, The FS1 tour is a great idea. Having a points based series that seeds its winner into Vegas is great. That said, there are a few issues I have with it. They should really change up the field every year (I.E. send Damon, Linsey and the others back to the normal shows) and maybe give points to like 2nd and 3rd so that maybe the standings can be a little bit more insteresting. 

I have a bold prediction. Since they did have Tom on the series last season, I think Dennis might be on the series for his final season next year. 

yeah i like the idea but it gets kinda boring when the tracks are all the same and the trucks are all the same especially when the same truck wins everything, i wish that they would have the fs1 series and show the regular tour during the end of the season after pod 

Snake Bite is(or was I mean I guess lol) at Concussion I'm pretty sure. Also Kaylyn won her first racinh event this weekend. Our team kicked some major butt this weekend. Night 1 Kaylyn won racing and wheelies and Darren won fs as Gabe said then Saturday night Darren won wheelies and racing and Kreg and Wicked got the fs win. Kaylyns new motor did pretty good for her this weekend lol