By xyroseI figured I would upload my controller setup seeing in how most of the older versions on the site are obsolete.
Credits to Mark Colineri for the original map that I built off of long ago.
This works with both Xbox and Playstation controllers, wired and wirelessly via Bluetooth.
. . .
- After installation, go to This PC / Documents / Rigs of Rods (whatever version you're using) / config , and then swap out the input.map for the one you just installed.
- Keep the other input.map in a safe place in case you ever want to swap back and/or make your own adjustments.
- Xbox controllers work straight away without any programs (on Windows, of course.)
- For Dualshocks, DS4Windows is needed. It is essentially an Xbox controller emulator.
- I have provided it, but here is the link to the website for tutorials and further guidance: http://ds4windows.com/
- Make sure that DS4Windows is running, and that your controller is connected to it, prior to launching ROR.
- If the throttle is stuck and all of the controls are inverted, simply go to your Bluetooth settings and disconnect and reconnect the controller. Make sure to have the controller blinking / ready to pair before you click "Add Bluetooth or other device".
- When using a plugged-in Dualshock, make sure you go to the Settings tab in DS4Windows and check off the box that reads "Hide DS4 Controller".
. . .
Controls Outside Truck:
- Left Joystick = Move
- A or X = Jump
- X or Square = Run
- D-Pad Up = Enter / Exit Truck
Controls Inside Truck:
- A or X = Toggle Truck Engine On/Off
- X or Square = Left Rear Steer
- B or Circle = Right Rear Steer
- Y or Triangle = Reset Truck
- Menu or Options Button (Hold) = Truck Ignition
- Left Joystick = Front Wheel Steering
- LT or L2 = Brake
- RT or R2 = Accelerate
- Left Bumper or L1 = Shift Down
- Right Bumper or R1 = Shift Up
- D-Pad Up = Enter / Exit Truck
- D-Pad Left = Toggle HUD
- D-Pad Down = Change Camera
- Left Joystick Click = Save Truck Position
- Right Joystick Click = Load Truck Position
. . .
- If there are any questions, problems or assistance needed, please DM me.
By xyroseCreated using the ROR Input Mapping Tool (https://forum.rigsofrods.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=156)
Feel free to customize, add, or remove some of the controls to fit your playstyle!
- Left Pedal = Brake
- Right Pedal = Accelerate
Racing Wheel Essential:
- Racing Wheel Itself = Front Wheel Steering
- Left Trigger (on back of wheel) = Shift Down
-Right Trigger (on back of wheel) = Shift Up
- Hold up (-) = Left Rear Steer
- Hold down (+) = Right Rear Steer
Racing Wheel Cont:
- Triangle = Reset Truck
- Square = Toggle HUD On/Off
- X = Change Camera
- Circle = Toggle Truck Engine On/Off
- Horn = Truck Ignition
- L3 = Save Truck Position
- R3 = Load Truck Position
Many people have requested this since my original upload no longer works, so here is my original Xbox 360 controller map for Rigs Of Rods.
By OutlawedThe exe for ROR 0.4.6, more stable multiplayer when 4.5.
You will need this in order to host private online servers: (drop it into the 0.4.6 folder located at c:/program files/rigs of rod 0.4.6)
I think I understand why the folder version got taken down. I'm so dumb sometimes.
Here's the .exe installer for OgreMeshTool v1.3.1. If you have any questions about this, PM me and I will get to you as soon as I can and help you the best I can.
This is a tool that will let you view meshes, which is why it is such a great, useful, and important tool for content creators, and experimenters alike. If your mesh is textured with a material file and png's in the same folder, when you open your mesh, it will show up textured like it would in game. This pairs with MeshUpgrader and XMLConverter as the meshes you can open can be used in these programs, and vice versa. Sometimes the mesh will only show the spec or shine map if one is applied, but that will not change the fact it will show up correctly in game. If your mesh file is not textured or your textures are in another folder, your mesh will show up white. If your mesh file is in a zip with your textures and material file, your mesh will show up white. TO OPEN MESHES:
Open the OgreMeshTool program or shortcut you have installed to your computer. Click File, Load, and select your mesh. Option 2:
Find a mesh file. Right-click and select Open with. Select OgreMeshTool, or if it does not come up, select Choose another program and find the program. Check the box next to "Always use this to open ____ files" and click Open. This will allow you to click on any mesh file and have it open with OgreMeshTool. This will not change how your mesh shows up texture wise. This is a very simple and user-friendly tool with features such as bounding boxes, a measuring grid, and wireframe. This is recommended to all content creators who do not have this as you can stop guessing and checking your meshes with Rigs of Rods.
It took me forever to find this so I figured I'd spare everyone the constant searching.
the xbox 360 map with the keyboard map from the default ROR, with rear steer being A&D on keyboard.
A: shut off truck
B & X: rear steer
left joystick: front steering
Y: Respawn truck
Right Trigger: gas
Left Trigger: brake
Right bumber: Auto-shift up
Left bumber: Auto-shift down
Start: start truck
D-PAD: does nothing (that I know of)
select: default rear camera/front cam (when your at a different angle using the default cam, example pushing numpads 6,4,2 or 8, or just zooming in on the truck and then pressing select).
By EdyHave seen many people not having this and not being able to make tracks because the don't have it. SO, here it is!
Intructions to make it run (I did it this way):
Unzip the file into a folder and name it whatever you want to Go to the folder and open the file that is called: "only_unzipped" A window will open for you to setup toolkit, set it up and it will run If you want to open it again, you open it using the "only_unzipped" file, but after you configurated it will go directly to the toolkit
A tutorial showing the basics:
Almost like Mark Colineri's but I changed SOME of the controls in it. Enjoy!
By RiggytheRodHello every one. Recently, I have been doing a bit of fiddling with my input maps to make them the way I like them. This originally started with Mark Colineri's Xbox Controller input map, but I have added many more controls to it. Also, an important note I would like to add is that when I setup my controller with MotioninJoy, I select the Xbox 360 emulator mode, so you will probably have to do this to make this work. The Xbox One controller works with this and the 360 controller should work as well.
-Shift up- R1
-Enter truck-Up on the D-pad
-Hide GUI- Left on the D-pad
-Toggle diff locking (I use cars as well so that's why I put this function in)- Right on the D-pad
-Change camera view- Down on the D-pad
-Steer left/right- Left joystick
-Rotate camera up/down/left/right- Right joystick
-Turn truck on/off- X
-Commands 1 and 2 (Rear-steer)- Square and Circle
-Repair truck- Triangle
-Start truck- Start
-Camera look-back- Select
-Save Position 1- L3
-Load position 1-R3
-Character Forward/backward/left/right-Left joystick
Character sprint- Triangle
Character jump- X
Another thing I would like to say is this map works in .37.126, .38.67, and .4.0.7. For.37 all you need to do is open up the rorconfig, go to controls, and then select import keymap and you can select the map from there. For .38 and .4, just go to your documents and open the Rigs of Rods .38 or .4 folder, go the the config folder, and just drag it in there. I'm not sure if you can have more than one input map in .38 (.4 you can) so save your keyboard input map elsewhere just in case you cannot have more than one input map or if you want to switch back. Thanks a lot and please enjoy!
D-PAD(LEFT/RIGHT) --- Move Front Steer
BUTTON 1 --- Brake
BUTTON 2 --- Accelerate
BUTTON 3 --- Down Shift
BUTTON 4 --- Up Shift
BUTTON 5 --- Left Rear Steer
BUTTON 6 --- Right Rear Steer
BUTTON 9 --- Save Position 1
BUTTON 10 - Load Position 1
By ThargoMade this myself when I first got my wheel, thought I would upload it to help others. Now, to install this go into your RoRConfig>Controls>Import Keymap, and just import this keymap from wherever you saved it to.
By RoachThis is original exe installer of Blender 2.49.
This has ALL the scripts you will need for making mesh's and editing beams/nodes
- OGRE Mesh Importer
- OGRE Mesh Exporter
- ROR Truck Editor (Nodes/Beams/Truck Files)
DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION OF PYTHON IF YOU HAVE NOT:
By RKMMIRROR 1: Rigs of Rods 0.37.117 (ZIP Archive)
MIRROR 2: Rigs of Rods 0.37.126 (EXE Installer)
(Windows 64 bit) Install to C:\Program Files (x86)
(Windows 32 bit) Install to C:\Program Files
Rigs of Rods 0.37.117 INCLUDES NO CONTENT
Any problems please let me know and I will add more links.
0.37.126 was found on sourcefourge but I figured I would upload it to my mediafire so it doesn't disappear if something happens.
0.37.117 is the exact version on my computer and includes no content. HUD by Fat-Alfie (I don't remember the exact files but they should be easily transferable to .126)