World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

3 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

this isnt your normal every day average sucky encore.... this is... 

AN ADVANCED SUCKY ENCORE...

You can't really say an encore sucked because it was used to promote a movie. If you give a double backflip the title of sucky then sir you will never be satisfied. Also, they didn't end the show with the encore, they ended it with trucks from different eras of monster jam flooding the track so, yeah

3 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

this isnt your normal every day average suckage.... this is.... 

ADVANCED SUCKAGE...

I'm going to be honest with you dude, your negativity has been annoying this whole thread, you just bash FELD and complain, can't you just enjoy things?

---------------
Ok, so.

Here's my thougths

This World Finals were ok.

Not bad, not that good either

I had higher expectaions for this World Finals since it was the last World Finals that were gonna be done at Sam Boyd

DDS was pretty cool had to admit, we had an indie win since, Joe Sylvester

Racing was kind of predictable on the first round, Bari blew my mind for beating Tom & Neil, had my money on Koehler this year, his lost first round, had some unexpected matchups that were really cool, with an amazing close final race

Racing encore was meh, i really think they tried to make too much in to little time honestly, felt there was very poor codination but still, props to all drivers

I didn't watch freestyle, just Ryan's winning run, in my opinion it was ok, nonthing really amazing, but man that backflip into a stoppie did make me go "Wow, cool"

About the freestyle encore, it was, meh, as @NavySonicShell says, it was cool to see them tell kinda of a story. Loved the "mini" buildings they had for the trucks to destroy & for me the double backflip attemp was totaly unexpected, so that was cool!

After all, i enjoyed myself, i hope the ones who went had a blast & see you next year bois

World Finals 19, the Chilean guy's thoughts:

Racing: It was good, seeing some upsets and Cory Rummel getting the win on dds. Tyler almost getting the win too.

Freestyle: Definetly track was a truck killer, there were some good moments but overall it was shorter than it should have been. (Rip Jim)

Encore 1: Its maximum destruction so yeah, id rather see a wreck fest than a nicely organized encore in tom's anniversary.

Encore 2: Good enough for being a promo for a movie, Tom or whoever was driving the George truck barely miseed the double again, maybe a little more speed and could have gotten it. Liked when all trucks came back to park in the track.

Intros: Something new and i liked it.

Judging in FS: It was kinda off, Rosalee got a 7.1 for a big air one hit wonder, other than that seemed fair. Really wanted Charlie to win but its good seeing Ryan getting the freestyle win, he did a good job.

Pit Party/Schemes/New Trucks: Loved some designs like Avenger, The Black Maxd and the old Maxd back. The Rampage trucks were kinda eh, wasnt expecting anything anyways. Time Flys design is not my favourite though, purple jester looked hot.

Overall ill give it a 7.5/10, one of my top 5 favourite world finals.

Well deserved win by Ryan definitely the best run of the night. Most drivers drove like poo or broke really early. Grave Digger is the only team that puts on a badass encore to end the show. They send the whole team out there and free for all. They do what they want and drive it into the ground being crazy as poo for the fans and thats how you should end the show not like that lame bs promoting a movie.

Since we're only a year removed from one of the best shows in Vegas to date it makes this one seem extra lackluster. However, not the "worst World Finals ever" as I've seen a few of you say. Let it sit, your opinion will change over time.

• Upvote 1

From @Chris B

"Two people were hit by fireworks after the encore, there's no video but they were pointed directly toward the crowd. One getting hit was a kid and the other a man (I think this one I couldn't remember). Just an FYI. It was in the yellow land turn near me"

Hope everyone is good

1 minute ago, Alford said:

Since we're only a year away from one of the best shows in Vegas to date it makes this one seem extra lackluster. However, not the "worst World Finals ever" as I've seen a few of you say. Let it sit, your opinion will change over time.

I agree 100%