Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

No what happened was he clipped a jump right before he hit the steep-huge-air jump, then the truck twisted and landed it right on the axle, it's literally in pieces right now. I think Jim is drifting the truck to much, and that's was caused the wreck. BTW, who racing, and who freestyle in Detroit.

• Upvote 1

Detroit was a very fun show. Racing was goofy with all the screwups, no truck could consistently get a handle on the track. Freestyle was very competitive, very few runs truly fell flat. Max D won racing with a cheap shot toward Damon in the Semis and Dustin won freestyle WITHOUT bonus points. One of the most decisive victories I've seen.

Yes Feld can make less steep jumps, but how some drivers take it is not Feld's fault. It's at the driver's discretion on how hard they want to hit it.  

Except the drivers are the guinea pigs when it comes to the R&D of these tracks, changing the ramps pitch is fine but constant fiddling will (and has) provided several incidents such as Jim's. And sure the drivers own discretion comes into play, but then you get hundreds of idiots on social media sites blasting them for be boring and not wadding up their trucks. I liked it better when the tracks were simpler and real driver skill shone rather then who can outlast the track.

because they are in such a rush to finish the show before a set time that they leave trucks on the floor to save time.

Isn't that kind of dangerous in someway? I need tons of posibilities of a miss calculation from a truck hitting a another one that is rolled over on the floor....

Also if they are in such rush to finish the show, couldn't it be better if fields were, a little, smaller, and FS time a little shorter....

Wat