Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Think about it... Enough drivers use what we have created and know about us that FELD would have to be some kind of special retarded not to know about us. Have we been sued or asked to stop doing what we have been? No. Will we? No. Like Danny said,if your not making profit, legally there is nothing anybody can do to stop us. That's the beauty of the U.S. Justice system. We are technically avoiding prosecution and having to pay royalties through a loop hole.

Then there's this: not the best example, but the best I could find/remember.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/02/10/dumb-starbucks-parody-free-coffee/5357597/

Basically a Coffee shopcalled Dumb Starbucks was legally able to operate without violating any copyright laws because it was considered to be a parody. Everything was the exact same as Starbucks doe to the logo, but the added the word dumb before everything. It was considered a work of parody art; the coffee Bering the art.

Weird Al has been doing this for years.

Tantrum race truck debuted this past weekend (sorry for the large pic). Looks to running with SIR or they maybe have a deal with them. Joe Sylvester also drove Dirt Crew this past weekend and won freestyle.

AtCMEiM.jpg

Tantrum race truck debuted this past weekend (sorry for the large pic). Looks to running with SIR or they maybe have a deal with them. Joe Sylvester also drove Dirt Crew this past weekend and won freestyle.

AtCMEiM.jpg

Pretty sure Dillon worked out a deal with Brandon to pay some dough to throw the Tantrum name on one of their bodies and chassis to run. And rumor has it Joey might be driving Dirt Crew for a few more shows.

Overkill Racing and Chassis is the company that has the photo of the MT chassis they are designing for Joey, hopefully the solidworks photo is not entirely accurate as it has single shock per corner layout that is trash.

Overkill Racing and Chassis is the company that has the photo of the MT chassis they are designing for Joey, hopefully the solidworks photo is not entirely accurate as it has single shock per corner layout that is trash.

I hope not. I've watched Doug Charles run that setup on Wild Thang at 3 different shows this year and every time it hurt to watch him land because those 1 shock set ups land so freaking hard

There's just not enough cushion for the driver on a landing with a single shock setup as compared to a double shock setup. I do think that Doug needs to upgrade to two shocks per corner soon because if he plans on going bigger, that truck's not going to want to.

Doug needs alot of upgrades for sure, as you know Daniel most teams have the hydraulic/electric jacks and hydraulic tire lifts and stuff and Doug hasnt been able to get alot of that yet and its probably because he breaks alot of stuff and its probably because that truck lands so hard. He told me and a few other guys at a show a few weekends ago that he wants to try to run for FELD next year but idk if that truck can take those tracks.

Doug needs alot of upgrades for sure, as you know Daniel most teams have the hydraulic/electric jacks and hydraulic tire lifts and stuff and Doug hasnt been able to get alot of that yet and its probably because he breaks alot of stuff and its probably because that truck lands so hard. He told me and a few other guys at a show a few weekends ago that he wants to try to run for FELD next year but idk if that truck can take those tracks.

If his aspirations are to get Wild Thang into Monster Jam events, he needs to first and foremost upgrade the shock package. I haven't seen the truck run in person yet, so I'm at no liberty to say what he can and can't do, but just saying now, single shock setups aren't going to survive on Monster Jam's tracks, especially what they're coming up with every year and how it's getting bigger and bigger with more and more angle on every jump.

Ive seen it 3 times this year, and hes killed Tie-Rods and alot of other stuff in shows. The truck did alright in Waco which had the biggest jumps I've seen it hit but CFP is not anywhere near MJ Tracks. I hope he's able to upgrade if he does run but man that'll be expensive next to the BKTs he'll have to buy

Ive seen it 3 times this year, and hes killed Tie-Rods and alot of other stuff in shows. The truck did alright in Waco which had the biggest jumps I've seen it hit but CFP is not anywhere near MJ Tracks. I hope he's able to upgrade if he does run but man that'll be expensive next to the BKTs he'll have to buy

Well, if he decides to only run 4 events or less with Monster Jam, he can keep his China tires.

• Upvote 1