World Finals XVI Discussion

Klayton

Mikey never gave his Young Guns Trophy to anyone to my knowledge...  He had it with him at each show he went to, and also took a picture of it with his freestyle world championship trophy last night.

And Hagen, why on earth would FELD rig the event for an independent to win? That makes no sense at all...

Mikey never gave his Young Guns Trophy to anyone to my knowledge... He had it with him at each show he went to, and also took a picture of it with his freestyle world championship trophy last night.

And Hagen, why on earth would FELD rig the event for an independent to win? That makes no sense at all...

Very true. Dandon hasnt posted in a while. Wonder what his opninion is on this.

Mikey never gave his Young Guns Trophy to anyone to my knowledge...  He had it with him at each show he went to, and also took a picture of it with his freestyle world championship trophy last night.

They always have duplicates of trophies and from what I remember Bill did receive a YGS trophy last year and Bill does have ties with several independent teams including Vater's motosports.

The way I see the whole "freestyle fiasco" is simply this.

I've watched both runs multiple times from different angles, and Ryan's run was equal to Mikey's; but it wasn't "clearly better" IMO. Ryan had better momentum, but Mike had better technicality to me; and the whole "more hits" deal don't mean much to me. Ryan could've had 30 hits in reg, but if they aren't good quality hits the amount means nothing. Mikey laid down a run that rightfully took the lead, Ryan came out and threw down an equally as good run; but to take the lead, Ryan needed to surpass what Mikey did. For me, Ryan didn't surpass Mikey and therefore Mikey rightfully kept the lead.

It's a tough situation all around, and I don't envy the judges one bit; especially having to deal with scores of people verbally accosting them and threatening them with violence. In the end, I believe the judges got it right but I do feel for both drivers; Ryan had a great run but came up short, and Mikey will never hear the end of it from people who think Ryan got screwed. But no matter what your opinion, the matter was settled the minute Mulisha's run ended; Mikey Jr. is the freestyle champion, and nothing anyone does is gonna change that.

Btw, congrats to all of the folks who won awards at tonight's banquet.
  • Upvote 2

I've heard around that Mikey actually gave his trophy to 2 of the judges sons, I just heard this around IDK if this if true, but if it is, No wonder. They gave Ryan, both, a 6.5. Heck Bill gave Adam a 6 for his huge air assault and awesome save. And they both gave Charlie Pauken a 6. IDK. I don't understand MJ anymore.

• Upvote 1

I've heard around that Mikey actually gave his trophy to 2 of the judges sons, I just heard this around IDK if this if true, but if it is, No wonder. They gave Ryan, both, a 6.5. Heck Bill gave Adam a 6 for his huge air assault and awesome save. And they both gave Charlie Pauken a 6. IDK. I don't understand MJ anymore.

The 1-10 system is very limiting, no judge in there right mind would give more than an 8.5 or 9, unless it was the very last truck. Instead a 1-50 scale and average of 6 scores should be used with a tenth of a point being the smallest increment. With that system we would see higher scores and less ties in the 24-26 score range. 

• Upvote 1

666 9b7.jpg

• Upvote 4