World Finals XVI Discussion

Klayton

Pauken should not have won.  I'm watching the event from beginning to end and haven't gotten to Ryan's run yet, but even though Charlie went higher he didn't do anything with his last 30 seconds.  The run felt very disjointed even when it was very big.  Had he not broke he would have won for sure but as it was I actually think the judges scored it right.  Haven't gotten to Ryan's yet though.

EDIT 1:  k.  How did Adam's run not take the lead?

EDIT 2:  If you think Tom's run should have won consider what we would have been thinking if he did.  He left 20 seconds on the clock.  Had he filled the clock that would've taken the lead but he simply didn't.

EDIT 3:  Complete toss-up between Mikey and Ryan for me.  But I think Adam's run was better than both of them.  This title could have gone three ways and it just went to Mikey.  Though I don't think the judges got it as wrong as most of you fan judging CERTAINLY has got to go.

• Upvote 1

I thought all the runs were pretty meh.......

Ryan came after a decent run that did similar things as he did.... it kills the wow factor and always results in a lower score. If Ryan had gone after the truck Mikey did Ryan would have won... 

Frankly I thought both runs were pretty crap either way but....

And frankly the whole event seemed crap. The one ramp alone claimed like half the 'victims'. Take a little angle off some of those ramps and it would have been one of the best tracks ever IMO

I personally think Mikey deserved it. Seemed to me he had more momentum and might've gotten more than Ryan because both his backflips were in regulation(I think) while Ryan had one in bonus. Idk. Congrats to Mikey, Todd and coty either way.

After watching all of the freestyles, I'm torn between Mikey and Ryan (no, not me ryan. Sorry, terrible joke there). Miley had this ruther and charisma in his run with 2 perfect backflips. But, Ryan had few hits with big air. Plus the backflip. It's hard to decide the 1 of the 2 when you are judging rhythm and wow factor over explosiveness and less use of the time. I woauld say Mikey deserved it, but I feel like Ryan was robbed. In general, all of the drivers did what they could to get the championship (with the acceptance of Koehler going into space and dissecting nearly a whole ramp) especially Mikey and Ryan. One more thing: I expected a lot more of the better drivers to last long. Especially Neil or Tom. Maybe Colton, but he seems to love to flip it early. Ok. That's enough talking from me. I wanna hear what you guys think of this year. Good thing we still have path of destruction.

Getting past who should have won or not, the last hits for Avenger and Lucas Oio where absolutly insane! I don't think I've ever seen a truck get more air since Digger at Minneapolis in 2006. (?) Had to be a hard landing for Jim, though. It's a miricle these guys can take this big of a beating week in and week out.

Also, El Toto Loco had a sweet flip at the end of his run. Pretty much pogoed it off the launch of a ramp and almost did a backflip with it if he would have landed it, that for sure would have been move of the year.

Avenger video has no audio because of copyright claim lol.

After watching all the runs I learned backflips were over scored, Adam had an incredible run, In order to for the track not to bite, you had to huge, and some of the ramps were to steep.

As for the runs being under scored, i disagree. The scoring system of 6 judges 1-10 is very limiting, a better system would be 6 judges 1-40 or 50 and average the scores.