Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

I have some good news for all:

1. A few months back a rumor was spread that Kevin King may be getting out of Strait Jacket.

Well, I'm very excited to announce...

Birmingham, Alabama:

Grave Digger® driven by Jon Zimmer, Carolina Crusher driven by Gary Porter, Higher Education driven by Jim Tracey, Black Stallion driven by Matt Cody, Strait Jacket driven by Kevin King, Instigator driven by Paul Breaud, Backdraft driven by TBA, Barbarian driven by Devin Jones

HE IS NOT LEAVING!!! :D

2. Maxie Broaddus will be making his Monster Jam debut driving Walking Tall in Greensboro, North Carolina on January 8. Shall the hype train begin?

3. DENNIS ANDERSON RETURNS TO GRAVE DIGGER ON JANUARY 9 IN HOUSTON, TEXAS! LET'S GET THEM TIX, BOYS!

4. Fan favorite 2015 trucks, such as Carolina Crusher, Jester, and McGruff will be staying for 2016.

5. Gary Schott will be returning to the sport in 2016 starting in Anaheim, California on January 16 driving  Hooligan. But that's not all, cause he's bringing his son, Gary Schott Jr., who will be driving the fan favorite Terminator.

1. He was selling his truck minus name and booking rights, people that are getting out of the sport do not keep anything so that was an poor assumption.
2. Not really, one small MJ arena show is hardly anything to get "hyped" for seeing as he has shown he can drive based on other promoters he has ran for. It is not like he is going to magically end up in vegas in the YGS or anything.
3. K
4. Jester has posted on their facebook a few weeks back that they bought BKT tires, it was pretty obvious they were returning seeing as MJ is forcing independent teams to buy tires if they want a full 1st quarter.
5. Typo, Jr's truck is Hooligan, Sr's is Terminator.

Also the Mutt body change has been rumoured for almost 3 years now, they want to get away from the extremely closed cab's for the chop top merc bodies and have a larger stable of regular truck style cabs so they can rebody chassis's with no fitment issues.

Edited by Outlawed

I predict he's going to Zombie. He drove it in Australia in Perth, and besides, who will that green paint scheme go to if he doesn't change to it?

Also, another thing I'm wondering; if Monster Mutt is getting the body change, is Dalmatian getting a body change, too?

One more thing; New Orleans 2016 = BEST. NEW. ORLEANS. LINEUP.  EVER!

Grave Digger® driven by Charlie Pauken, Team Hot Wheels driven by Scott Buetow, El Toro Loco® driven by Marc McDonald, Monster Mutt® Dalmatian driven by Candice Jolly, Zombie Hunter™ driven by Lee O'Donnell, Captain’s Curse® driven by Alex Blackwell, Doom’s Day™, Barbarian driven by Devin Jones, Fatal Attraction driven by TBA, Big Kahuna driven by Shane England, Rage driven by Cory Rummell, Wrecking Crew driven by TBA, Storm Damage driven by Tim Mente, Hurricane Force driven by Steven Thompson

Bolded = Put those drivers in a show, and you got one hell of an event ahead of ya!

The first Houston show is DEFINITELY GOING TO BE A DAMN GOOD ONE! Dennis, Todd, Neil, Lupe, AND Donald in the SAME EVENT. TRUE AWESOMENESS RIGHT THERE!

Edited by TheRetroStyle

Trent and Brian got the "I hate Feld, holy s*** it's cold" northern tour.. I feel bad. I talked to Doug some today, he is getting his BKTs soon. Very excited for this year, Mente has something new in store. (I love keeping secrets :))

I think I saw somewhere that Alien is gonna be a Iron Man body based, but im sure it'll have some tweaks to accomdate Felds 3D Body fetish. I wonder if we'll get anything else other than Alien, since we havent seen anything on JYD/Pirates Curse/SF Black Ops..

I think I saw somewhere that Alien is gonna be a Iron Man body based, but im sure it'll have some tweaks to accomdate Felds 3D Body fetish. I wonder if we'll get anything else other than Alien, since we havent seen anything on JYD/Pirates Curse/SF Black Ops..

There will be, there's no way in hell FELD would only have one new truck this year