Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Well #$%@, my cousin's boyfriend's dad's truck was stolen at the last Saint's game in New Orleans. And his truck was brand new! So, I won't be going to New Orleans this year because at-least one white gets killed (by the Superdome) every day by a black gang that hangs around there. But good news is I'm finally heading to Vegas and might make some more MJ shows next year. But it's not worth getting shot or have your vehicle stolen by some drug gang. Kinda bummed that I can't see the best line-up I've ever seen in New Orleans ever. But that's just how things go. dammit.

I saw XV in person and it was amazing and I'll be in at XVII.Back on 2016 track,  Monster Jam released another video. This one had the previous previews of Mutt on Rottweiler body, Chrome Digger, Green Zombie, and Alien. It also included renders of Mutt Junkyard Dog, SF Black Ops, and Pirates Curse. Dustin and BJ also mentioned a new gear head truck(you guys will love it I think, can't say yet..), and a scientist truck. No idea what it is.

Soldier Fortune Black Ops:

sOZaw9K.png

MM Junkyard Dog:

1voEMfF.jpg

Pirate's Curse:

iKrR8t4.png

Liking the look of SF Black Ops, Pirate's Curse is ridiculous (like Knucklehead, Captain's Curse and Zombie all had a threesome) but I can dig it (it's no different from El Diablo or Zombie) but MM Junkyard Dog I'm not big on... it looks like just the old Mutt scheme with green bulbous sores all over it, it's kind of gross in an unsettling way

Edited by Charlie H.

I think what they're going for with Junkyard Dog is the paint is wearing out and there's rust and bare metal showing through. Not necessarily wounds on a dog.

Well it really would've helped if they had a computer render of it like the others but instead because that picture looks like it was photo shopped by a  three year old. Whoever is in charge of that stuff needs to be fired and then publicly shamed. I like the looks of Soldier Fortune and Pirate's Curse however.

Edited by Dantesinferno52

I wish they started to go away with the overt he top ridiculous looking 3D bodies and put the effort into a new stock truck body style.

Agreed.

It's a strange business move. Aren't the 3D bodies insanely more valuable than Fiber Pickups/SUVs? Expensive to repair/replace?

You would think that would add up to more of a loss on maintenance/replacements than a gain on the marketing end of thing.

I liked it when Bulldozer and Samson were the closest things to 3D bodys lol

FELDs got the money. If they make their own bodies, which im sure they do, they aren't as expensive.. just have to make em.. As per buying molds or bodies is. But FELDs got the money for all the bodies they destroy anyways

Agreed.

It's a strange business move. Aren't the 3D bodies insanely more valuable than Fiber Pickups/SUVs? Expensive to repair/replace?

You would think that would add up to more of a loss on maintenance/replacements than a gain on the marketing end of thing.

I liked it when Bulldozer and Samson were the closest things to 3D bodys lol

^Not trying to be a douche, I'm just being a nerd^

By the time Bulldozer came along we had trucks like Wild Thang and Dungeon of Doom