Show Your Arguments Chapter 47

rockgod88

I think Sketchup is more powerful than most realize, especially with certain plugins installed. I do most of my work in Sketchup before applying finishing touches in Blender and exporting to RoR. I think the problem with using existing Sketchup models from the 3D Warehouse is that most are sloppy and lack detail, and get even messier when importing to Blender. But as RKM mentioned, they often make great guides.

But the Jeep looks like a pretty solid base to me. Personally, I would simply cut out the rough areas and rebuild them.

• Upvote 5

Remember the picture of the ramp I made in Blender a while back? Well, I abandoned that project. However, I recently viewed DannyMackey's tutorial video, and here's what I have built so far!

EDIT: This will be a custom track, by the way.

TrackConstruction.PNG

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Infradread said:

Remember the picture of the ramp I made in Blender a while back? Well, I abandoned that project. However, I recently viewed DannyMackey's tutorial video, and here's what I have built so far!

EDIT: This will be a custom track, by the way.

looks good. arena track?

After about a year or so of relative slacking, I've gone a day or two without sleep and kept working on a low-poly decent quality model.

SMRA Drover V2

Should be ready for SMRA on Friday, with the time difference I forgot  just realised that due to the time difference when the race is actually on, I had heaps of time to work on this....

Well.....

Anyway, Diggerfan was kind enough to let me use the body.

screenshot_2%20-%20Copy_zpscd3ddoad.jpg

• Upvote 4