Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

Goldberg6734

15 hours ago, NitroMenace said:

Iron Outlaw and Mike Christensen are on a stadium tour but not the FS1 Series, just Jimmy and Dawn are

really i thought it was on one of the 2 tours well that sucks, still i have became a fan of jimmy and dawn over the last couple of years

18 hours ago, NitroMenace said:

Just incase anyone cares, we are building a new Iron Outlaw chassis. And by new, I mean a 1990s PEI that has been sitting in the shop for years is getting built because the current frame is so twisted its bad. It was Mikes idea to build it lol

lol

On 16/11/2016 at 8:06 PM, NitroMenace said:

Just incase anyone cares, we are building a new Iron Outlaw chassis. And by new, I mean a 1990s PEI that has been sitting in the shop for years is getting built because the current frame is so twisted its bad. It was Mikes idea to build it lol

Is that by chance the PEI that Creten got from Rod Wood? I remember Trent posted photos of one on Facebook that was getting heavily redone.

22 minutes ago, Hornetguy97 said:

Question: What is the biggest Independent show? (thinking of why smaller promoters dont get has much hype as monster jam) 

Biggest independent show arguably is either the Charlotte Back to School Bash or the Monster Spectacular Montreal Show.

Reason smaller promoters dont is twofold:

1- FELD has contracts with most large stadiums and arenas, meaning smaller promoters only get a tiny amount of those left over (and even then sometimes FELD does contracts afterwards) and outdoor venues

2- FELD has tons of business experience, whereas smaller promoters do not. As much as we all want a "real points series" again or a massive indie tour, think about stuff like MTC, MLMT, ProMT and others that tried to go big and fell flat after a year or two.

25 minutes ago, Charlie H. said:

Biggest independent show arguably is either the Charlotte Back to School Bash or the Monster Spectacular Montreal Show.

Reason smaller promoters dont is twofold:

1- FELD has contracts with most large stadiums and arenas, meaning smaller promoters only get a tiny amount of those left over (and even then sometimes FELD does contracts afterwards) and outdoor venues

2- FELD has tons of business experience, whereas smaller promoters do not. As much as we all want a "real points series" again or a massive indie tour, think about stuff like MTC, MLMT, ProMT and others that tried to go big and fell flat after a year or two.

Well we know that FELD has the winter shows locked up. Its the summer that i think the indies are at their best. But how many trucks are at montreal and Charolette. There are very good indie shows that i have watched on youtube but there are only about 4-5 trucks. I know im not providing a very good argument but if those 3 smaller promoters would come together than i think there could be some competition as feld on does 3-4 summer stadiums not including race tracks. 

41 minutes ago, Hornetguy97 said:

Well we know that FELD has the winter shows locked up. Its the summer that i think the indies are at their best. But how many trucks are at montreal and Charolette. There are very good indie shows that i have watched on youtube but there are only about 4-5 trucks. I know im not providing a very good argument but if those 3 smaller promoters would come together than i think there could be some competition as feld on does 3-4 summer stadiums not including race tracks. 

Montreal has about 12-14 and Charlotte has 10. Best case I can see is if TMTT and Monster Truck Throwdown come together especially since Family Events and Monster X like to act in their own spheres whereas the first two have the same trucks running on both

8 minutes ago, Charlie H. said:

Montreal has about 12-14 and Charlotte has 10. Best case I can see is if TMTT and Monster Truck Throwdown come together especially since Family Events and Monster X like to act in their own spheres whereas the first two have the same trucks running on both

true true. sorry for getting this thread off topic. i didnt see a need for starting a new one that could take 4 replies. just wondering but since feld still uses indies in the winter, are they still trying to phase them out? and is it just corporate people or do the people that are actually involved in the show ie drivers and crew that do not like them?

2 hours ago, Hornetguy97 said:

Question: What is the biggest Independent show? (thinking of why smaller promoters dont get has much hype as monster jam) 

triggered

Throwdown's Monster Truck Madness in Mt Pleasant has shows that blow the doors off of most present-day Monster Jams. The racing track, the freestyle track, the line up, etc

Anyways, back on topic, Macey Nitcher (drives Stomper) has announced that she's going to be training this year and on the MMJ tour in 2018