Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

First show for Hooligan in Tuscan, Arizona tomorrow and Saturday. Interested to see how it does it's first time out, I know it is a grade A piece of equipment and Gary can drive.

12049145_1229962163696435_76161041911458

The Schotts have two phenomenal pieces, and Hooligan looks and runs excellent. I'm anticipating a pretty darn good debut event for Jr.

BTW guys, Adam Anderson is running Jon Zimmer's GD26. I recognize the shock set up he has and it's definitely #26. Adam won racing and Scott Buetow won Freestyle. Adam (on is facebook) said that the officials shut him down early in his freestyle because of the weather? Don't what that's about.

Looked on Monster Jam's Website and a few line-ups are posted. The #MMJ Tour Stops and Line-Ups that Nick posted to start the thread are accurate to this point, but they are the only ones up.

Edited by steiale

I recognize Jon Zimmers GD by the fact that the hood says XXVI in a picture Adam posted. Also the #MMJ lineups I posted to start the thread were from a Facebook group, and someone had compiled them from the MJ website and made what I copied/pasted here. And Melbourne is an open stadium so it probably started storming(Thundering/lightning) so they shut the show down. just a guess

Apparently, neither Melbourne show was shut down, according to the website.

First show:

Racing was fantastic. The crowd was not happy with the 0.5 penalty that Ryan Anderson, the fastest qualifier, in Son-Uva Digger got, and that gave the Round 1 victory to Dragon's Scott Liddycoat. Damon Bradshaw of Monster Energy took down his arch rival in Round 1, Neil Elliott of Max-D. These two have been major rivals since the Championship Series, but Bradshaw came out on top with that race. HUGE UPSET BY LEE O'DONNELL OF ZOMBIE HUNTER as he knocked out the 2 Time World Champion, Todd LeDuc of Metal Mulisha. Lastly, Marc McDonald of El Toro Loco took down Candice Jolly of Monster Mutt Dalmatian, which would conclude Round 1.

Wheelies were awesome. Grave Digger's Adam Anderson would be unable to report due to technical issues, so Madusa got a bye run. Overall, your winner would be Sean Duhon, ZOMBIE!

Then it was time for the semi-finals. Monster Energy easily took out Liddycoat in Dragon, and Lee O'Donnell knocked out Marc McDonald of El Toro Loco... -- wait, WHAT!?

My jaw dropped HARD when I found out that O'Donnell defeated McDonald. DAMN, LEE! FIRST YOU DEFEATED LEDUC, NOW YOU DEFEAT MCDONALD? You're starting to become a terrifying creature, man!

Round 1 losers would all report for the donut competition, and it was a wild one. Candice Jolly either rolled, broke, or couldn't get a donut started in Monster Mutt Dalmatian, cause she got a 12. Metal Mulisha's unhappy Todd LeDuc (Round 1 is the reason why he's unhappy) scored a 36, and Max-D got a 37. Ryan Anderson OBLITERATED it in Son-Uva Digger! Scoring a PERFECT 40, he would be the first show's winner!

Championship Race was AWESOME. Monster Energy vs. Zombie Hunter had everyone in the edge of their seat. In the end, in a close photo finish, Damon Bradshaw of Monster Energy wins Racing this afternoon!

After a short intermission, it was time for freestyle. Madusa came out first with a solid performance, and scored a 35. Duhon followed and got a 28. Jolly came out next and scored a 31 (crashed early), and then came O'Donnell in Zombie Hunter, scoring a 32. Liddycoat followed with a 30, and then came Buetow. Scott had an UNBELIEVABLE performance, and if you didn't see it, you missed out on the greatest freestyle in his entire CAREER, PERIOD! A 43 would give him the lead by a longshot, and McDonald would not be able to knock him out as he followed. Bradshaw came out next in Monster Energy, and got a 37 with crowds roaring. Max-D's Neil Elliott then came out to score a 39 and have the crowd on their feet, not having enough for the lead! 2 Time World Champion, LeDuc in Metal Mulisha, came out and gave the fans a solid performance with a 34 as his score. Freestyle wrapped up with both Andersons coming out, Ryan first to freestyle, but neither filled the clock. As a result, your freestyle winner is Scott Buetow, TEAM HOT WHEELS FIRESTORM!

My jaw dropped HARD when I found out that O'Donnell defeated McDonald. DAMN, LEE! FIRST YOU DEFEATED LEDUC, NOW YOU DEFEAT MCDONALD? You're starting to become a terrifying creature, man!

What are you talking about? Lee has been a great driver for years now. For f*cks sake he even was No. 2 qualifier in Vegas in 2013 and 2014, and made it into the semis in 2014 (inb4 controversial race blah blah blah).

• Upvote 4

No offense @TheRetroStyle, But you seem to live in the present way too much and don't consider the past AT ALL when you're analyzing. O'Donnell has always been a great driver as he's won quite a few stadium racing titles over the years driving multiple trucks, plus his performances from the WF like Mason mentioned. It's not a huge upset when he beat LeDuc because he's done it before at some point.

My main point is that you can't just use what you've seen in the most recent season and use that to label a driver. Some drivers just have better years than others but you have to take history into account. 

• Upvote 1