Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

TriCounty- Great show this year

Jester swept and freestyle wasn't scored but Stinger gave the best run

Controversial call on the finals, Jeff's wife was standing by me during the finals and we both agreed that Illuminator looked to have won by a good margin but oh well

Huge thanks to Tim Bee and Trey Myers, they let both me and my friend Tyler sit in Killer Bee, it was an experience! Maybe next time they'll let us drive XD

Matt Zane and Jeff were also nice as can be too, great lineup this year 

Illuminator is running CFP next year and Zane has purchased BKTs so he will be back with Monster Jam

Been noticing a bunch of trucks have started to stop running bowties. Is there a reason for this?

I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that the bow ties are only features on CRD chassis. CRD makes the mount for them and they are bolt-on pieces that act as a crush point in case the truck takes a hard impact but also doesn't do any "actual" chassis damage. Main testimonial for that was EVO this year after Mikey's first backflip in Vegas:

10455574_1673167539567813_68454412686496

EDIT: I thought they were adding a new truck CALLED Black Ops, but it looks like the name for Soldier Fortune is being changed...

All I can say is HOLY S**T THAT WAS CLOSE! I thought it was going to be something related to this:

CoD_Black_Ops_cover.png

And I highly doubt ANYONE wants a truck like this in MJ, and If I'm right, then I think we had 7 new trucks this year, I predict those 3 may not be the only new ones...

Edited by TheRetroStyle

I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that the bow ties are only features on CRD chassis. CRD makes the mount for them and they are bolt-on pieces that act as a crush point in case the truck takes a hard impact but also doesn't do any "actual" chassis damage. Main testimonial for that was EVO this year after Mikey's first backflip in Vegas:

10455574_1673167539567813_68454412686496

Na the bowtie has been on almost every single inhouse chassis since Adam's original Taz (which is what Carroll measured when he came up with his chassis). The biggest difference between the two for the bowtie is inhouse are tighter in terms of the gap between the main rail/secondary rail and being welded to those rails rather then being bolted on (there is a smaller piece of tubing that is inserted into the area of where they join up to center them and I suppose strengthen it). Would have to ask around as to why they are no longer adding them to the newest inhouse chassis's though. The original one that was spotted was Duhon's new piece but I assumed that it was left off to clear the zombies lower jaw since it moves (I know Bari's CRD had the bowtie off for a little while at the start of last year aswell).

deezbarz_zpstsyofw0k.png

And I would rather have a COD themed truck then a Sonic or some other god aweful video game character...

Edited by Outlawed
  • Upvote 2

EDIT: I thought they were adding a new truck CALLED Black Ops, but it looks like the name for Soldier Fortune is being changed...

All I can say is HOLY S**T THAT WAS CLOSE! I thought it was going to be something related to this:

*pic*

And I highly doubt ANYONE wants a truck like this in MJ, and If I'm right, then I think we had 7 new trucks this year, I predict those 3 may not be the only new ones...

So you don't want a COD truck but you want a Sonic the hedgehog truck? What ...

• Upvote 3

Well, although it would be awesome for a Sonic truck to be in MJ, his chances are pretty low. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't even know how the hell DK made it in back in 2008!

Anyway, if you compare COD with Sonic, it's pretty obvious who has the greater chance of getting in.

Now about Alien...

2013: Zombie

2014: Dragon

2015: Jester

2016: Alien

...where is FELD going with this? Alien's probably going to be a cheap knockoff of Overkill Evolution, cause it DOES have the head of an alien on the side. Lumberjack on the other hand... I don't know.