Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Wheelies were awesome. Grave Digger's Adam Anderson would be unable to report due to technical issues, so Madusa got a bye run. Overall, your winner would be

Sean Duhon, ZOMBIE!

Somebody inform Duhon of this. I think he'd be quite surprised to learn he won a wheelie contest in Melbourne when he's not there. And yeah not to pile on but Lee's always been a stout racer. He's a good driver in general. Well rounded and can win in racing or freestyle at any show if the bounces go his way.

Scott had an UNBELIEVABLE performance, and if you didn't see it, you missed out on the greatest freestyle in his entire CAREER, PERIOD!

Am I not watching the same run here? I watched the afternoon freestyle and it really wasn't all that exciting. I wouldn't consider that unbelievable or a career best. Not knocking Buetow at all here, sometimes you gotta drive smarter overseas with limited parts and time between shows.

• Upvote 2

AWESOME save by Rosalee and epic consecutive backflips by Madusa!

Also, I stand corrected on who drove Zombie. I forgot that Bari drove it.

One last thing, I hope they do something for El Toro in 2016, cause you know... 2016 is the 15th anniversary of that truck. The fact that they did something HUGE for Max-D in 2013 for it's 10th and they didn't give a crap about El Toro in 2011 for his 10th just disappoints me.

Buetow's FS victory in Melbourne was the first stadium victory in 2015 where he didn't rob someone. The other victory... you know what I mean.

Edited by TheRetroStyle

AWESOME save by Rosalee and epic consecutive backflips by Madusa!

Also, I stand corrected on who drove Zombie. I forgot that Bari drove it.

One last thing, I hope they do something for El Toro in 2016, cause you know... 2016 is the 15th anniversary of that truck. The fact that they did something HUGE for Max-D in 2013 for it's 10th and they didn't give a crap about El Toro in 2011 for his 10th just disappoints me.

Buetow's FS victory in Melbourne was the first stadium victory in 2015 where he didn't rob someone. The other victory... you know what I mean.

Rosalee wasn't driving, as stated before.

Also, El Toro is a fine truck and all and is obviously a fan favorite, but it is no where even near as iconic as Max-D is in modern Monster Jam. Of course they aren't going to center an entire season around El Toro Loco's 15th anniversary, because it'd honestly be kinda pointless.

• Upvote 2

To be honest. El Toro Loco isn't that great of a truck. The only championship it has is one that it probably didn't deserve. I mean, I'm a huge fan of McDonald and Werner, don't get me wrong, but Tom Meents brought Max D into a MUCH higher place by already having 5 championships himself and taking 5 more by the time the 10th came around. Being one of the highest rated trucks, it makes sense for it to have hype for it. 

TL;DR: Max D was much more deserving than El Toro imo.

To be honest. El Toro Loco isn't that great of a truck. The only championship it has is one that it probably didn't deserve. I mean, I'm a huge fan of McDonald and Werner, don't get me wrong, but Tom Meents brought Max D into a MUCH higher place by already having 5 championships himself and taking 5 more by the time the 10th came around. Being one of the highest rated trucks, it makes sense for it to have hype for it. 

TL;DR: Max D was much more deserving than El Toro imo.

Yeah, I see your point there. I went INSANE when I heard that Marc made it into the finals in World Finals 14, but felt really bad for him when he lost by a truck length.

But yeah, although Max-D is a very deserving truck, almost all of the El Toro Loco drivers put it into a high place. Chuck Werner gained a LOT of new fans because of his performances this year, and the theme for him in Foxboro was VERY catchy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVS38ZegYBs

The one thing I'm curious is, will Mark List become a driver of ETL? He did good in Mexico, and I want more from him!

Okay, so I retract my statement earlier about it being Jeff, apparently it was Rosalee driving according to Facebook. But bloody hell that must cost a ton on travel, especially on an independent budget.

Also since Chris Arel seems to have an affinity of never releasing full lineups in a cohesive fashion, I'm trying to create a cohesive lineup for Montreal Show 2:

So far I've got

1. Overkill Evolution- Mikey Vaters
  2. Bigfoot 18- Larry Swim
  3. Black Stallion- Matt Cody
  4. Brutus- Brad Allen
  5. Red Baron- Trent Montgomery (I assume)
  6. Wrecking Crew- Steve Koehler
  7. Bounty Hunter- Jimmy Creten
  8. Scarlet Bandit- Dawn Creten
  9. Iron Outlaw- Brian Maes (I assume since the other three will be there)
  10. Avenger- Jim Koehler

Anyone I missed?

Edited by Charlie H.

Okay, so I retract my statement earlier about it being Jeff, apparently it was Rosalee driving according to Facebook. But bloody hell that must cost a ton on travel, especially on an independent budget.

Also since Chris Arel seems to have an affinity of never releasing full lineups in a cohesive fashion, I'm trying to create a cohesive lineup for Montreal Show 2:

So far I've got

1. Overkill Evolution- Mikey Vaters
  2. Bigfoot 18- Larry Swim
  3. Black Stallion- Matt Cody
  4. Brutus- Brad Allen
  5. Red Baron- Trent Montgomery (I assume)
  6. Wrecking Crew- Steve Koehler
  7. Bounty Hunter- Jimmy Creten
  8. Scarlet Bandit- Dawn Creten
  9. Iron Outlaw- Brian Maes (I assume since the other three will be there)
  10. Avenger- Jim Koehler

Anyone I missed?

There is a very slim chance that Mike Sr. will drive Stallion, but let me reiterate...

...very slim...