Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Constant? They've had the same logo since 1998 if not earlier. I have no idea what your definition of constant is

Did you even read my post? I made a simple comparison from other major sports logos to monster jam. I was using my finding as proof that sports/entertainment doesn't have to change logos to go with the times, and in fact most dont. As for the 1998 claim, I'd love to see proof as I don't recall the triangle being used until the late 99/ early 2000 year. Up until that they had used the USHRA logo as I recall. I believe it was originally called the Monster Jam World Tour and just used fonts rather than logos until the "world tour" part was dropped in the early 2000's/very late 1990's. Even then I don't remember the Monster Jam triangle logo being used until at least 2002/2003 by Monster Jam at shows(though this is all on memory). 

The sports you listed (other than NBA, NASCAR, and MLB) have changed their logos slightly/moderately over the years they've existed to modernize their look with the time.

NFL:

nfl-900x406.png

FIFA:

Formula 1:

f1_logo_history.jpg

NHRA:

nhra51.gif

200px-National_Hot_Rod_Association_Logo.

Monster Jam is no different. They've had the same design since what, the mid-90's? If they want to change it then by all means they have every right to. The logo itself is creeping on 20 years old.

It's not even a bad logo. It could be much, much worse. At least it's still recognizable, and it still have enough of the old logo in it so it isn't 100% new.

If you call the 1970 to 2008 a change....... all they did was remove stars...... Color differences can be from where each logo was acquired. But ill take the knock for being wrong on that.
My listed NHRA change is from the logo you posted to the second; as I noted, Not sure why you posted it? Only confirms what im saying.
My quick fifa search led to my findings, clearly they were wrong.
What you used for f1 is the various logos they allow to be used by promoters etc. I was making the note on the change in logo to the stylized F as your post shows. Before that it was something else, I cant find it right now(of course) but it was something very different

But if you going to call the NFL logo a change then technically the monster jam logo has changed a ton over the years. 

Change from the USHRA logo on the bottom to the Built Ford Tough Logo(early 2000's)
Change back to the USHRA logo on the bottom (mid 2000's).
Removal of the USHRA logo (late 2000's)
Re done logo which dropped the use of the "metal" textures, and instead used solid gray colors (2010's)
Advanced Auto Parts banner added then removed (early 2010's)
(In advertisements) Use of MJ logo with dirt explosion more widely used. (mid 2010's) 

I dont care that its changed, mainly because at the end of the day logos effect nothing. My point was being made to which ever person stated something along the lines that logos should always be changed to meet the changing world. I was using my references as examples of major groups similar to Monster Jam that rarely change the logo of their "sport", thus proof you dont need to change a logo to meet the times. That was all that I was trying to show. 

I dont care that its changed, mainly because at the end of the day logos effect nothing. My point was being made to which ever person stated something along the lines that logos should always be changed to meet the changing world. I was using my references as examples of major groups similar to Monster Jam that rarely change the logo of their "sport", thus proof you dont need to change a logo to meet the times. That was all that I was trying to show. 

I think you're talking about what I said(?) and that's not what I really said. I said it would fit in better with other organizations logo's in today's society, but didn't say they had to change it. I also said it made sense because they've basically changed their entire way of shows since the last logo was new. I never said logo's should always be changed, and I never said it was necessary.. You may not have been talking to me, but I assumed you were because your post was right below mine and without a quote and no one else seemed to say anything along those lines so sorry if this isn't directed at me.

Also as a side note, not to pick on you or anything, but saying logos don't matter or affect anything? Maybe to you and I as consumers, but in the world of business, they are extremely important. If someone see's a logo of a company, they automatically think something about that company. If your logo looks outdated (the flat grey one didn't necessarily, but it I could see why someone might think it did) then it looks bad on the company. If it's modern and clean, the company is looked more highly upon, even if just subliminally. Also brand recognition is important as hell. That's why you tend to see simple, easily memorable logos like the Nike swoosh, or the Chevy bow-tie, because they are simple and easy to recognize and remember. I'll stop now because I'm geting off topic :P

Edited by NavySonicShell

I don't see why the logo change is such a big deal- it's not like  a new logo is going to suddenly make Monster Jam worse in any way shape or form. Its just a new logo, if you don't like then you don't have to, but theres no sense in complaining. Back to news- There is a BKT Truck on display somewhere, its on Cotys chassis, actually looks really good. I cant find the picture again but its on Facebook somewhere if you care to look. I'm very ready for the 2016 season, I've got a great list of shows to go to, and its gonna be a great year.

I don't see why the logo change is such a big deal- it's not like  a new logo is going to suddenly make Monster Jam worse in any way shape or form. Its just a new logo, if you don't like then you don't have to, but theres no sense in complaining. Back to news- There is a BKT Truck on display somewhere, its on Cotys chassis, actually looks really good. I cant find the picture again but its on Facebook somewhere if you care to look. I'm very ready for the 2016 season, I've got a great list of shows to go to, and its gonna be a great year.

My corporate boner is raging. Seriously though, the truck looks sick. 

12193306_1638229439780662_73356332995346

Did you even read my post? I made a simple comparison from other major sports logos to monster jam. I was using my finding as proof that sports/entertainment doesn't have to change logos to go with the times, and in fact most dont. As for the 1998 claim, I'd love to see proof as I don't recall the triangle being used until the late 99/ early 2000 year. Up until that they had used the USHRA logo as I recall. I believe it was originally called the Monster Jam World Tour and just used fonts rather than logos until the "world tour" part was dropped in the early 2000's/very late 1990's. Even then I don't remember the Monster Jam triangle logo being used until at least 2002/2003 by Monster Jam at shows(though this is all on memory). 

Okay I'll admit I was wrong on the 1998 claim, for the sake of argument the current logo was used in say 2004 full time.

However still with minor changes it's remained consistent since 2004 up until now, and I know that the logo doesn't have to change but it hasn't been as constant (at the end of the day, the base logo has remained the same since 04) and it doesn't HAVE to change, but that can be said for any product's look. And besides like the comparisons Mason gave it's not like it's a whole new rehaul from what it was, it's still retaining a lot of the original identity.

But at the end of the day agree to disagree, life goes on.

Also if they ever bloody finish the 2015 Hot Wheels releases, at least we know what the BKT truck would look like (I hope they at least add a sub name like they did with Grinder)

Edited by Charlie H.

I think you're talking about what I said(?) and that's not what I really said. I said it would fit in better with other organizations logo's in today's society, but didn't say they had to change it. I also said it made sense because they've basically changed their entire way of shows since the last logo was new. I never said logo's should always be changed, and I never said it was necessary.. You may not have been talking to me, but I assumed you were because your post was right below mine and without a quote and no one else seemed to say anything along those lines so sorry if this isn't directed at me.

Also as a side note, not to pick on you or anything, but saying logos don't matter or affect anything? Maybe to you and I as consumers, but in the world of business, they are extremely important. If someone see's a logo of a company, they automatically think something about that company. If your logo looks outdated (the flat grey one didn't necessarily, but it I could see why someone might think it did) then it looks bad on the company. If it's modern and clean, the company is looked more highly upon, even if just subliminally. Also brand recognition is important as hell. That's why you tend to see simple, easily memorable logos like the Nike swoosh, or the Chevy bow-tie, because they are simple and easy to recognize and remember. I'll stop now because I'm geting off topic :P

I guess it was you... misinterpreted what you said....... I also added to much "ARRR IMA PROOVE U WRG M8" attitude(wasn't intentional but re reading it, it sounds like it was). It was supposed to just be a post saying/proving/educating how many top organizations don't use logo changes to meet different graphical "phases".   Clearly it was not taken that way. 

When I said it doesn't matter, I was saying it doesn't effect anything show wise. External effects are obvious, I understand those and the reason for doing so. I knew when I said that it would come back to get me, and it did. Like switching Pepsi's main color from blue to RED would drastically effect its marketability and being able to be
recognized by consumer quickly while purchasing. Or like changing UPS to SUP, obviously a huge change and consequences would be drastic..... Though choosing a shipping option for products from SUP might be kinda cool lol. 

Logos dont effect internal matters, thats how I should have worded it. Its like Make-up for an already great company( if you're company is trash no fancy logo is going to save it) 

On the note for the BKT truck, Coty's Chassis is still overseas. Thats the new chassis Monster energy displayed on at the Monster Energy Cup. 

Edited by Stephen Hopkins
  • Upvote 1

Bauhaus monster truck on display yesterday in Sweden. George Balhan will be driving it in Stockhölm and I think you'd like to know who will drive Blue Thunder, it'll be Alx Danielsson. You may remember him driving The Mauler (UFC's swedish brawler truck) last year, he's tested recently with the more monster jam athletes. Also in this show Nic Granlund will be driving El Diablo for the first time.

12141961_759785840831463_743463952_n.jpg

Stuff that I know:

Mark List will be driving El Toro Loco in Puerto Rico. This show will have 6 trucks, which consist of: Grave Digger (Pauken), Max-D (Elliott), Zombie (Duhon), Scooby-Doo (Johnson) and El Diablo (Soza).

The last 2 shows will be all #MoreMonsterJam drivers from this year.

As of November 1, 2015, Monster Jam's 2015 season concludes in Helsinki, Finland on November 15. For the first time EVER (I think), Monster Jam's 2016 season officially begins on NEW YEAR'S DAY, Friday January 1, 2016.

Edited by TheRetroStyle