World Finals XVII Discussion

Sergeant Politeness

i hope that the track is different then last year, i can see 2014 track but then they stuck with the idea and kept obstacles all over the track, they shouldve learned from 2014 that nobody liked it, it was cool but just needed some changes, i hate the track designs now every single show you go to is the the same track design look at 2010 and compare it to now with the big cross over jumps to the same smaller table top jumps every single show, the only amusement that you really get out of shows that the drivers win by doing is the backflip jumps, what happened to a simple pyramid car jump and some buses, and creative ramps and obstacles  

Preachin to the choir over here ARF. I had the exact same rant a couple months ago on the Silly Season thread.

I think it's ridiculous too, track layout is almost the exact same for every venue. If they're so dead set on the ramp-only trend, they should AT LEAST draw up more than 2 track designs with them. There is plenty that could be done, not sure why they haven't made any changes. 

Arena tracks had more variety than stadiums this year lol kidding.

I am still optimistic that WF freestyle will be more the way it should be. Hopefully they snap out of it soon, so we can see some variety.

Both Jimmy's have great looking schemes this year, I think they suit both drivers. 

Thanks everybody posting the pictures and info, makes me feel all warmwarm fuzzfuzz to have plenty of WF updates to look at when I get home.

Predictions anyone? I'm gona say:

Rosalee Ramer - YGS

Lindsey Weenk - Racing

Neil Elliott - Freestyle

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but for anyone complaining about the track, did you watch freestyle last year? There was no crawling over obstacles at all from the top drivers. World Finals XV yes, because it was cluttered. Last years freestyle track was 10x better, and provided awesome runs despite a couple that had bad luck. Don't judge the track before its been built.

• Upvote 1

I agree regarding the lackluster look of the track. Sure it might be totally different at the end of the day for freestyle, but I doubt it'll be anything jaw-dropping. I'm hoping it's somewhat unique.

If not, they need to reevaluate their track design team, because quoting what I said in another thread, when fans KNOW the track will be different each time monster jam comes around, it'll make them wanna buy tickets to see what they do differently each time. You watch a show on TV from New Orleans before Monster Jam rolls into your town, you can guess what it'll look like in your town save for a few steeper backflip ramps or *gasp* no ramp at all. I'll still make rounds for the world finals for the sake of having fun with family, but as a fan of monster jam, it just bores me when it's been repetitive for potentially two years straight.

Besides, would it kill them to visit a scrapyard once or twice for pyramid car/bus stacks? That was the best!

• Upvote 1

One thing I'd like to point out that no one has picked up on or at least not mentioned yet is there were three stadium tours this year.  All with the same line-up, and all with the same track style (Venue permitting).  The west coast tour (Stadium tour 2) with Gas Monkey and Chrome Digger had a unique racing style versus stadium tour 3 (with Razin Kane trucks and Son-Uva Digger).  Tour 2 had a roller after the turning fun box, stadium tour 3 and the FS1 tour did not.  While I hate that the tracks are the same, it makes sense from a "sport" perspective.  I think that's where FELD is trying to go, make the industry a sport and have consistent line-ups and tracks fro each tour.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, maxdman said:

One thing I'd like to point out that no one has picked up on or at least not mentioned yet is there were three stadium tours this year.  All with the same line-up, and all with the same track style (Venue permitting).  The west coast tour (Stadium tour 2) with Gas Monkey and Chrome Digger had a unique racing style versus stadium tour 3 (with Razin Kane trucks and Son-Uva Digger).  Tour 2 had a roller after the turning fun box, stadium tour 3 and the FS1 tour did not.  While I hate that the tracks are the same, it makes sense from a "sport" perspective.  I think that's where FELD is trying to go, make the industry a sport and have consistent line-ups and tracks fro each tour.

Get out of here with your good logical thinking. People here don't like that.

• Upvote 2

I honestly find the "well dirt lasts longer so all drivers get a fair chance" argument pointless. How many times has a driver came out last, with all obstacles smashed down, won? Countless times. How many times has a driver came out early and give a solid run? Not as often, but still, look at Tingler at WF 9. He came out first and nearly won the thing. It doesn't make a difference if someone gets fresh obstacles or not. 

• Upvote 1

Sure we can go with the "it's meant to be a sport" formula, but it's a Motorsport for Pete's sake, and I don't know if it's Fox Sports making the "same track every event" stipulation or if FELD is just spending money on the minimum. They could at least, like I said, go big on the design every world finals. 

9 minutes ago, Mistfire333 said:

Sure we can go with the "it's meant to be a sport" formula, but it's a Motorsport for Pete's sake, and I don't know if it's Fox Sports making the "same track every event" stipulation or if FELD is just spending money on the minimum. They could at least, like I said, go big on the design every world finals. 

They have gone big for the finals, and will again this year. You have to realize Sam Boyd isn't the biggest floor they work with. Relative to the venues they work throughout Q1, it's one of the smaller ones. They can't go extremely over-the-top.