World Finals XVI Discussion

Klayton

After looking at the lineup this year I have come to the conclusion 32 trucks isn't enough, but at the same time is to many trucks. With only 32 trucks drivers like Steven Sims, Pablo Huffaker, Dan Rodoni, Lupe Soza etc. don't get to compete. 32 trucks is to many because instead of the 16-20 best drivers, we get the likes of Nichole Johnson, Chad Forture, Frank Kremel, and the #moremonsterjam guys who haven't done a stadium show all season. Either increase the driver count to 40+ or drop it back down to where is started 16-20. Im not saying Chad, Frank, and the #moremonsterjam guys aren't good drivers, but they can't compete with Anderson, Meents, Weenk, Bradshaw, etc. So Feld should either include everybody or exclude all but the best. The point series was a good idea and with a few tweaks, like points for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place, could be the future of Monster Jam. 

So what, we will just hit the point where everyone will be participating at Vegas? I have no problem discussing how the field should be made up but there are something you have to take into consideration. At some point these guys like Huffaker, Soza, etc have to make way for the future of the sport. That is not to say they are passed their prime (atleast for Huffaker) or overshadowed but at the sametime, they have been at this for years. I would imagine that some of them do not mind skipping Vegas. The reality is that some drivers will get spots based on their sponsor (Cleatus) or their fanbase (Nicole, Candice) and you will have to learn to live with a corporation as big as FELD doing that. Again not bad drivers but it never has been the best of the best in terms of driver talent. Some of the best performances in recent years (buetow, leduc, radoni, devin jones) have been because they have given the opportunity to them.

Steven's my pick to win YGS for sure, he races best when he can reach high speeds.  As long as he doesn't make a crucial error he should at least be in the final methinks.

Steven is good but Coty and BJ would be tops on my list.

JR should have been in the big show this year.  He was competitive in his stadium runs this year, landed the only back flip in New Orleans, nearly and should have won the damn thing and attempted another one in one of the Florida shows.  He has stepped up his game big time this year and deserves more than a shot at the Young Guns Shoot out (again)