Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Doom's Day had a rough landing in San Diego which finished his run pretty early, yet he is winning with a 36 due to crappy judges

The judging is just awful in San Diego. Theyre just handing out 8s,9s, and 10s like candy

Just got back from the 7:30 Amsoil series show in Spokane, probably the best event I've seen in that arena. Tyler Menninga in Blue Thunder won Racing and Speedster Obstacle Course(Interesting story here), Morgan Kane and Grave Digger with only a door won wheelies, Coty Saucier in Monster Energy won Donuts, Colton Eichelberger on the Max-D quad won Quad Racing, Blue Thunder, NEA and Monster Energy were involved in a first lap incident, NEA and Blue Thunder were hooked together and took about 4 laps to unhook. Morgan Kane also won head to head Speedster racing and Freestyle, taking the overall event.

But man, that speedster obstacle course was actually pretty cool. Racing in the first round was weak, but the semis and finals picked up with a lot of beating and banging. Final ended up being Blue Thunder and Max-D. Both went in the the first jump and collided together, they went into the first turn pole beating on each other after coming off the dirt pile and Max-D had no room to get around the pole, so he ends up cutting the course.By the second pole they were back side by side, Blue Thunder ends up running it over, Max-D crosses first with Blue Thunder close behind. Colton stops the Speedster, Tyler stops right behind him, Colton throws the speedster in reverse pushing Tyler's speedster back. It's announced Max-D was disqualified due to cutting the course, Colton gets out of the speedster frustrated, and slaps a spike off in frustration. He heads to the pit area and I could see him getting frustrated with an official. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that.

6 hours ago, Goldberg6734 said:

Obsessed has won freestyle in San Diego.

I like it, but what I don't like is the Fan Judges. They were terrible this event.

Uh, may I point out that  I confirmed that like, 2 posts above you?

Other than that, I congratulate both, Dragon and Obsessed (Even though Captain's Curse should've won) on their first stadium wins.

Also, Steve Koehler substituted for Bryce Kenny of Monster Mutt in Edmonton. What happened to him?

1 hour ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Uh, may I point out that  I confirmed that like, 2 posts above you?

Other than that, I congratulate both, Dragon and Obsessed (Even though Captain's Curse should've won) on their first stadium wins.

Also, Steve Koehler substituted for Bryce Kenny of Monster Mutt in Edmonton. What happened to him?

A lot of these new guys have other jobs and compete in other motorsports and have to skip out on a few events. Like Myranda Cozad, she left for three weeks to work on drag racing.

1 hour ago, 90sMTRacer said:

A lot of these new guys have other jobs and compete in other motorsports and have to skip out on a few events. Like Myranda Cozad, she left for three weeks to work on drag racing.

Huh, I didn't know that.

Surprised nobody brought this up yet, but Steven Thompson had a nasty save at around 2:30.

Also, I was baffled by Nicole Johnson's run last night, cause she had a lot of people in the crowd standing or on the edge of their seats at around 0:49 and 1:27. I thought she was actually going to go for the backflip, but nope. 1:27 had me saying, "JUST DO IT!"