Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

According to Brandon Derrow's Facebook the show he did over the weekend in Georgia will be the last one with the purple body. 

"Almost 4 years ago on October 29, 2011 was my very first show behind the wheel of Bad News Travels Fast. It was in Swainsboro, GA at the Swainsboro Raceway. This was also the very last event in which we ran the orange Bad News body. So it's very fitting that we are in Georgia once again in Ringgold at Boyd's Speedway this weekend. This will be the final event with the purple body and we cannot wait to unveil the new color/graphics for 2016!"

According to Brandon Derrow's Facebook the show he did over the weekend in Georgia will be the last one with the purple body. 

"Almost 4 years ago on October 29, 2011 was my very first show behind the wheel of Bad News Travels Fast. It was in Swainsboro, GA at the Swainsboro Raceway. This was also the very last event in which we ran the orange Bad News body. So it's very fitting that we are in Georgia once again in Ringgold at Boyd's Speedway this weekend. This will be the final event with the purple body and we cannot wait to unveil the new color/graphics for 2016!"

There was a show in Ringgold and I didn't know about it?! I'm ashamed in myself! It looked amazing too! 

Edited by Charlie H.

I think I know what scheme he is going to be running ;). I can assure you that it is really awesome if it is the one I think it is.

• Upvote 1

There was a show in Ringgold and I didn't know about it?! I'm ashamed in myself! It looked amazing too! 

I actually was asked to cover the show as a photog by the promoter, but due to lack of funds and the fact that i do not have a professional quality camera, I was unable to accept the offer. I shoulda mentioned something to ya about it, but it just slipped my mind. It looks like they had a good turnout both nights, which means there's a good chance the track might bring them back; and if they do, I'll try my darnedest to make it.

Edited by Mr. Beardman

I actually was asked to cover the show as a photog by the promoter, but due to lack of funds and the fact that i do not have a professional quality camera, I was unable to accept the offer. I shoulda mentioned something to ya about it, but it just slipped my mind. It looks like they had a good turnout both nights, which means there's a good chance the track might bring them back; and if they do, I'll try my darnedest to make it.

Well that sounds good, hopefully they'll bring it back next year

Although on the flip side, hopefully if Zane brings back monsters to Brasstown (which is likely, it's been running strong for three years now) he won't schedule it on the same weekend

Perth Results are up:

1st Show:

Racing: Max-D; Freestyle: Son-Uva Digger

2nd Show:

Racing: Max-D; Freestyle: Son-Uva Digger

Madusa made it to the Championship Race on the first show. My reaction?

It has been YEARS since I've last seen her run THIS hard in a stadium show. And Jon Zimmer in Metal Mulisha? HOLY S**T! Both of 'em had to take out MARC MCDONALD to make it into the Championship Race, which is surprising for a 1 time racing champion and a driver who has never competed in Vegas before.

P.S. Why was Marc running the Orange El Toro?

It has been YEARS since I've last seen her run THIS hard in a stadium show. And Jon Zimmer in Metal Mulisha? HOLY S**T! Both of 'em had to take out MARC MCDONALD to make it into the Championship Race, which is surprising for a 1 time racing champion and a driver who has never competed in Vegas before.

Are you saying Zimmer has never been in Vegas? Because he has. Three times. XI, and XII in Shock Therapy, XIV in Superman. He even came third in Freestyle at XIV. Also one racing championship is more than Marc McDonald has so... I don't know what you're getting at with that.

Edited by NavySonicShell
  • Upvote 7

Championships and trips to Vegas don't measure how good you are. Also just because McDonald was there doesn't mean Zimmer or Madusa actually had to race him. And if you didn't know Zimmer hasn't been to Vegas you really need to get caught up before posting something like that. And speaking of Zimmer wonder what it was like to sit in Metal Mulisha and watch Adam Anderson put his Digger into the ground lol

• Upvote 1

So I calculated total wins during the Australia tour

Wheelie:
Zombie: 3
MM Dalmatian: 1
El Toro Loco: 1
Grave Digger: 1

Donut:
Metal Mulisha: 2
Monster Energy: 1
Son Uva Digger: 1
Zombie Hunter: 1
THW Firestorm: 1

Racing:
Max D: 2
Grave Digger: 2
Son Uva Digger: 1
Monster Energy: 1

Freestyle
Son Uva Digger: 3
THW Firestorm: 2
Metal Mulisha: 1

Pretty diverse in the tour, only two trucks to not pick up a win was Dragon and Madusa.

Is Ryan running shorter axles than he usually does?

The housings are standard PEI housings because the custom ones that Ryan usually runs are too long to fit into the shipping containers. The only way that truck could fit is if they throw the standard housings under it, which is what they did.